Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing?
Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #68744] Tue, 26 July 2011 21:51 Go to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I wonder why it is that so many people love Jennifer Lopez? OK, I think she's pretty, but without the makeup, she wouldn't be all that. And she is a talented actress, I'll give her that. But are we forgetting that she sang so bad that when she performed on Selena, they couldn't use her voice? It sounds a little better now, sure, but that is all with voice enhancements, etc. I mean, listen to it!
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #68830 is a reply to message #68744] Wed, 03 August 2011 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Ouch, that was harsh! You are right though; she doesn't have the greatest voice. In her genre, however, that is less important than her overall performance, no matter how much you or I may cringe.
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #68834 is a reply to message #68830] Wed, 03 August 2011 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yaser is currently offline  Yaser
Chancellor
I was never a fan of J Lo so I don't mind if she can really sing or not. Many people still loved her singing even if we know that her voice is not that very good.
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #69172 is a reply to message #68744] Thu, 25 August 2011 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sara21 is currently offline  sara21
Esquire
love here,although she don't have a sweet voice
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #69181 is a reply to message #69172] Thu, 25 August 2011 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Ouch, but still she is making money off it. Every time I start thinking about how someone sings I recall (dates me a bit) people like Bob Dylan and Alice Cooper (I did like the snakes and chickens though). Very Happy

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #69291 is a reply to message #68744] Fri, 02 September 2011 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Yes, sometimes people can be successful without having the greatest voice. J Lo's talent is dancing and stage presence. People like Dylan have more songwriting talent.
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #69372 is a reply to message #68744] Wed, 07 September 2011 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
falloutgirl
Baron
I don't think she's a great singer OR actress, but I do understand why people love her. She's got such a strong appeal, she's an inspiration to many striving latina performers, and she's very attractive. She seems to be very sweet as well judging from her latest stint on American Idol. Smile
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #69632 is a reply to message #68744] Tue, 27 September 2011 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I agree with falloutgirl, at least Jennifer Lopez does have some redeeming qualities. As for comparing her with other popular singers who don't sing very well, I don't think you even have to go back to artists like Bob Dylan. J Lo has plenty of contemporaries that she compares favorably with, like Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus.
Re: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing? [message #76295 is a reply to message #69632] Mon, 15 April 2013 02:49 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
She should just stick to acting. I think she does well with that. She is very pretty and talented, when it comes to that. I just don't think it is fair that she is making money off of voice-enhanced music, when there is so much talent out there that is not being "discovered".
Previous Topic: Loud Music
Next Topic: Boston Marathon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:43:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout