Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Plans Request
Plans Request [message #68564] Fri, 15 July 2011 18:08 Go to next message
a-rone is currently offline  a-rone
Esquire
If you could please send me the plans for the 4pi's and 2 pi's. I received the 3 pi plans but think the 4 pi's will do better for me along with the 2 pi's for surround duty. Thank you very much!!! Aaron

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
Re: Plans Request [message #68565 is a reply to message #68564] Fri, 15 July 2011 18:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Just out of curiosity, what makes you feel that the four π model will do better for you than the three π would?

Re: Plans Request [message #68566 is a reply to message #68565] Fri, 15 July 2011 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Hi Wayne-
It's a WAF thing. I know the difference in size isn't that much but every little bit helps. Just trying to keep the peace. Laughing

Re: Plans Request [message #68567 is a reply to message #68566] Fri, 15 July 2011 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I definitely understand about wanting to keep your girl happy!

I will say this though - There's no difference to speak of. They both have about the same "footprint" in your room.

I might suggest that you make your decision based on the woofer you want to use, and not on the size. Maybe make a mockup with cardboard, to help her visualize the two speakers. They're pretty much the same.

By the way, what are you planning to use for subs?

(Sorry to be nosey, just trying to help make sure you'll be happy with what you decide)

Re: Plans Request [message #68568 is a reply to message #68567] Fri, 15 July 2011 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I actually already did make a mock up of both 4Pi and 3Pi out of popcicle sticks (the kids helped) and this is the direction I am allowed to go. Also I do prefer the look of the 4Pi over the 3Pi (as does the wife) and the 15" drivers for the 4Pi I'm liking as well. As for subs I am going to go with an avs forum member's design (lilmike cinema f-20) two of them.

Re: Plans Request [message #68572 is a reply to message #68568] Sat, 16 July 2011 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Re: Plans Request [message #68574 is a reply to message #68572] Sat, 16 July 2011 09:48 Go to previous message
Esquire
Thank you sir. I'm excited to start making some cabinets. It's nice that there are such great detailed threads on what others have done.

Previous Topic: 4π-esque DIY speakers
Next Topic: Setting 4pi LCR upside down in theater?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 23:17:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio