Home » Audio » Source » Collecting Vinyl
Collecting Vinyl [message #68462] Sun, 03 July 2011 17:41 Go to next message
Jolene is currently offline  Jolene
Chancellor
I've got a pretty decent selection of vinyl 45 rpm records. In thinking about expanding that collection, does anyone have a good source online for vinyl? I have mostly been collecting from estate sales and flea markets.
Re: Collecting Vinyl [message #68473 is a reply to message #68462] Mon, 04 July 2011 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Several companies have been re-releasing albums in vinyl, but I don't know about 45 RPM singles. If you're interested in 33 RPM albums, check Amazon:
Re: Collecting Vinyl [message #68474 is a reply to message #68473] Mon, 04 July 2011 20:43 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I have several 100 45s and play them from time to time. Some are really quite well done and others well Embarassed

I also do not know of a source for them, but I get a fair amount of LPs from Music Direct (on the Web) be sure to request a catalog the listings are extensive.

I frequent the used book stores and get lots of vinyl there as well. It is a bit of a risk as you really don't know the condition, but then the prices are in the $1 to $5 range. I've snagged some really good stuff for next to nothing. Some are pristine.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: The Death of the Cassette Tape
Next Topic: Audio Duration Compression
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:15:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers