Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 3 Pi plans please and a Question or two
3 Pi plans please and a Question or two [message #68334] Fri, 24 June 2011 21:05 Go to next message
a-rone is currently offline  a-rone
Esquire
The 3 Pi looks to be a great fit for what I am wanting to do in my HT Room. Please send the plans if you could. I have an onkyo tx-706 reciever and want to know if it will be sufficient to drive these as LCR for my HT? also I have an older rear projection hdtv (haven't got to front projection quit yet) and as it stands today I have an on the wall tv stand holding my center channel above my TV. Would it be possible to place a 3Pi upside down with the horn on the bottom on that stand and still work properly? I hope that makes sense and I am sure enjoying learning from this form. Great Stuff!!!

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
Re: 3 Pi plans please and a Question or two [message #68336 is a reply to message #68334] Fri, 24 June 2011 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

100 watts is more than adequate - I run mine with 10 watts.

You can setup with them upside down if on high stands, but I think the front mains sound best when at approximately the same height as the screen, maybe even a smidge lower, like level with the bottom edge. I like the surrounds slightly elevated.

More setup details and technical information at the link below:
Re: 3 Pi plans please and a Question or two [message #68337 is a reply to message #68336] Fri, 24 June 2011 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a-rone is currently offline  a-rone
Esquire
I know the kit is $320 bones a piece but if a person were to source all the materials on their own what would the cost roughly be per speaker or is this a question that needs to be asked via PM?

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"
Re: 3 Pi plans please and a Question or two [message #68338 is a reply to message #68337] Fri, 24 June 2011 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It depends on how good a deal you can get. I get wholesale pricing, so I think I put together a kit that is pretty fairly priced. In fact, I think it would be a fair price even if I didn't assemble the crossovers, and just provided a bag of parts with the printed circuit board and drivers. But we do, we assemble the crossover and provide complete cable assemblies, ready to hook up and install. I'd say that's worth about $50.00 in labor, basically free when you buy the kit.

Re: 3 Pi plans please and a Question or two [message #68341 is a reply to message #68338] Sat, 25 June 2011 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkeman is currently offline  rkeman
Viscount
Purchase the assembled crossovers! The work involved is substantial and the savings are nominal at best. I probably spent more time on the crossovers than the cabinets. The 2Pi kits that I last purchased actually cost less than the parts from other on-line retailers and the 3Pi should be similar. Good luck with the build, you will love the sound.
Re: 3 Pi plans please and a Question or two [message #68342 is a reply to message #68341] Sat, 25 June 2011 18:03 Go to previous message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
I agree, I priced just the parts of the crossover and they were pretty close to the price of the completed crossover. Plus, the board makes for a compact design.

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Previous Topic: Stands for 2pi and 1Pi
Next Topic: Tower Plans Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 20:52:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers