Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Transforming basement to practice/recording space
Transforming basement to practice/recording space [message #68239] Sat, 18 June 2011 11:01 Go to next message
Jolene is currently offline  Jolene
Chancellor
Hey everybody,

We are moving into the new place within the month. It is so exciting! I want to put the music room in the basement. The space is already carpeted but I am worried about soundproofing the ceiling. We don't really have a ton of money for this and looking for solution that is not too ugly. Suggestions?
Re: Transforming basement to practice/recording space [message #68398 is a reply to message #68239] Thu, 30 June 2011 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doppler is currently offline  Doppler
Chancellor
A quick and easy yet important step you could do is to check for small openings or cracks. You need to use filler or sealant for these...Right now, all I can think of is to use foam insulation. Smile
Re: Transforming basement to practice/recording space [message #68525 is a reply to message #68239] Sat, 09 July 2011 10:19 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Audio foam is the best option, but I've also heard of styrofoam and egg cartons. If it were me though, I would stretch thick blankets across the ceiling.
Previous Topic: Sound for Gymnasium
Next Topic: Movable Panels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:27:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout