Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Stand alone stereo tone controls anyone?
Stand alone stereo tone controls anyone? [message #9028] Tue, 07 June 2005 19:58 Go to next message
Peter Swartz is currently offline  Peter Swartz
Baron
Well my fostex 206's need some low mid and low end help. I hate to add an additional componet to the signal path but.... I need to have a little switchable tone contol unit of high sonic quality. Preferably a tube tone set up or a desceet component set up.
Any sugestions!!!!
Can any of you suggest a vintage ish eq I might consider that isn't going to add noise and destortion?
Thanks for your help, Pete

Re: Stand alone stereo tone controls anyone? [message #9029 is a reply to message #9028] Fri, 10 June 2005 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Peter,
Good EQs don't add any noise or distortion that you can hear. Try Rane, Ashley or some other brand. Use a prametric EQ. Don;t do any tone cotrols...those are fixed and will almost always distort the signal.
-akhilesh

Re: Stand alone stereo tone controls anyone? [message #9034 is a reply to message #9029] Mon, 13 June 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Swartz is currently offline  Peter Swartz
Baron
Thanks for your input, I've ordered the components from parts express for the correction circuit that Martin recommended. I hope to inally be able to listen to my new 206's by the end of the week. C Ya, Pete

Re: Stand alone stereo tone controls anyone? [message #9035 is a reply to message #9034] Mon, 13 June 2005 12:47 Go to previous message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Sounds good Peter! Please do post on the single driver forum with your experiences as you use the BSC. It will be helpful to all of us!
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: Power Supply suggestions
Next Topic: Plate Choke Miller Capacitance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:14:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers