Home » Audio » Radio » Radio Stations Frequency Changes
Radio Stations Frequency Changes [message #68135] Sat, 11 June 2011 13:48 Go to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I was just wondering why radios stations change their frequencies so often? At least, the station that I listen to does. They are constantly moving up or down a notch. They do advertise it, so that helps, but I just wonder why the need to keep doing it?
Re: Radio Stations Frequency Changes [message #68274 is a reply to message #68135] Tue, 21 June 2011 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's really odd. I've never noticed a station actually changing frequencies; usually it's a genre change. Wouldn't frequency changes also require refiling their license with the FCC?
Re: Radio Stations Frequency Changes [message #68294 is a reply to message #68135] Wed, 22 June 2011 06:57 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
A local station here has changed their frequency a few times - 99X. Right now, there is a lot of static, which makes you not want to listen. But I stream it anyway, so it still sounds good to me.
Previous Topic: AM and FM content differences
Next Topic: Boombox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:56:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout