Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Pet Peeve
Pet Peeve [message #68051] Fri, 03 June 2011 20:53 Go to next message
Forest is currently offline  Forest
Chancellor
I cannot stand cars going by my house or next to me while driving/idling with their music blasting. I understand turning up the radio for a good song but constantly listening to it at a obnoxiously high volume is rude to anybody around you. Is it just me or do others find that just plain rude?
Re: Pet Peeve [message #68055 is a reply to message #68051] Fri, 03 June 2011 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yeah, I think it's a punk thing to do. If you have a loud stereo, turn it down at stop lights and in neighborhoods. If you have a hot car or motorcycle with loud exhaust, don't rev it under bridges, roll on slow. When I see someone gun it under a bridge, I think to myself, what a punk. Same with the bunping buzz subs at a stoplight. That's the definition of uncool in my book.

Re: Pet Peeve [message #68082 is a reply to message #68055] Tue, 07 June 2011 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
I wish there was a way to send a burst of noise through their system. I've noticed that these jerks even keep the volume up in hospital quiet zones.
Re: Pet Peeve [message #68223 is a reply to message #68051] Fri, 17 June 2011 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi It sounds like a project in the raw.... design and build a sonic disruptor. A focused beam device that hoses up autos making over a moderate sound level. Perhaps frying the engine computers would do the trick... oh well an interesting thought. I agree that many individuals have no concept of proper behavior. They seem to live in their own private world and could care less if they cause problems for other. Sad

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Pet Peeve [message #68299 is a reply to message #68051] Wed, 22 June 2011 07:37 Go to previous message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
Sorry - I'll try to keep it down. It's just that whatever I'm listening to is just so great and I think I would like to share it with the world. Embarassed
Previous Topic: Audio Show Visitors
Next Topic: First Concert
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:01:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout