Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Did someone forget to pay the electric bill at Ausioasylum? (nt)
Did someone forget to pay the electric bill at Ausioasylum? (nt) [message #8894] Thu, 14 April 2005 14:14 Go to next message
Triode_Kingdom is currently offline  Triode_Kingdom
Chancellor
no text

Re: Did someone forget to pay the electric bill at Ausioasylum? (nt) [message #8896 is a reply to message #8894] Thu, 14 April 2005 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
it would be my guess that our friends over there are taking longer to do some work than they expected. No big deal IMO, hardly worth the bandwidth to discuss it.
regards,
Douglas

Sure wish they would get back on-line... [message #8897 is a reply to message #8894] Thu, 14 April 2005 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan303 is currently offline  Ivan303
Esquire
Boring as hell over here.

Re: Sure wish they would get back on-line... [message #8899 is a reply to message #8897] Thu, 14 April 2005 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Behave now; you could be deleted for that.

Re: Did someone forget to pay the electric bill at Ausioasylum? (nt) [message #8900 is a reply to message #8896] Thu, 14 April 2005 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
T; Hey there, I need a favor. Can you remmember how you set the CCS for Guinevere? I burned out the two power Mos-Fet's and need to replace them. I never put the heatsink on so ergo.. So I am burning a PCB for them and forgot how to set the current. Thanks J.R.

Maybe do something else? [message #8902 is a reply to message #8897] Fri, 15 April 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Maybe get outside, go visit friends. See a movie or go to a dance club. Or maybe listen to music or work on a kit amp or something.

In the meantime, if you're really missing Audio Asylum, then maybe this will help entertain you. You should feel right at home.

Re: Sure wish Taco Bell would get back on-line... [message #8903 is a reply to message #8899] Fri, 15 April 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

No way. Ivan303 is one of the nicest guys here.

Fitzmaurice was having some trouble with people in his forum, I spoke to him a couple of days ago. I guess he's deleted a lot of stuff, 'cause when I go back through some of the threads, I see a lot of "end of the internet" messages.

The return of the son of DN2540 CCS [message #8904 is a reply to message #8900] Fri, 15 April 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damir is currently offline  Damir
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Hi, you can set the current by changing the resistance of R3 - "trimmer" pot. The best way, (as Doug explained earlier) is to use 9V battery, and connect it like on the diagram:

- our CCS is Q1, Q2, R2, R4 and R3 pot
- connect +pole of 9V battery to the upper mosfet drain (where you`d connect B+=200V in "Guinevere")
- connect minus pole to the "anode out" of our CCS in series with 100 Ohms resistor - see the schematic
- connect the voltmeter (set on about 4V range or so) between the points B & C (across 100 Ohms resistor)
- you can set the P3 in the middle position, and slowly turn it on one side - the "goal" is 1,5V DC reading on our voltmeter. Ohms Law - 15mA "through" the 100 Ohms resistor is 1,5V DC voltage "drop". When you decrease the resistance - current increases, and opposite.
- in my case, I get R3=100,5 Ohms for the first CCS I built, and 112,6 Ohms for the second
- you can leave R5=100 Ohms in place when you install CCSs in "Guinevere" and check the current again
- for more, see "Grup Build" forum, I posted new PCB

Re: The return of the son of DN2540 CCS [message #8905 is a reply to message #8904] Fri, 15 April 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Good to see you back, Damir. Hope all is o'kay and thanks for this post; J.R.

and with Damir's fine drawing... [message #8907 is a reply to message #8904] Sat, 16 April 2005 18:46 Go to previous message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
One can test in-circuit. Attach the + lead to either A or B( the same thing circuit-wise ), and the - end to ground, and set meter to mA of current.

****check the safety fuse in the meter first. If it's blown, you won't get a reading.

***the bias LED's will go out. All the regulated current will bypass the amplifier triode through the meter.
regards,
Douglas

Previous Topic: AC filaments
Next Topic: new project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:51:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers