Home » Sponsored » OddWatt Audio » Poddwatt with EconoWave Speakers
Poddwatt with EconoWave Speakers [message #67708] Tue, 17 May 2011 20:45 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Scott, thanks for letting me borrow the Poddwatt for use with my Econowave speakers. Several people were in the room when I pulled the megawatt solid state amp out and replaced it with the Poddwatt. When the music started it was immediately obvious to everybody that this is a very easy amp to listen to - a nice tube sound with good bass control too. The Econowaves are about 95dB sensitivity, so I knew the Poddwatt would be able to drive them, but I was still surprised how loud they would play without distortion.

index.php?t=getfile&id=409&private=0
Re: Poddwatt with EconoWave Speakers [message #67709 is a reply to message #67708] Tue, 17 May 2011 21:05 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Fred, Scott? More likely myself or Rodney. There were a lot of folk there and I'm sure I got many faces and names switched. Regardless, Thanks for the kind words. The Poddwatt was a project I almost didn't design. When I did the first one (still in operation for nearly two years at 8 hours a day in my office) I really liked it and I'm particularly glad to be able to make it available for others either as a kit, finished amp and for many a diy project. The LSAF was a great event. Smile

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Forewatt As A First DIY Tube Project
Next Topic: LSAF was Great
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:05:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers