Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Home Theater Build
Re: 4 Pi Home Theater Build [message #87787 is a reply to message #87642] Wed, 11 April 2018 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 16:13

Wow, Steve, those look awesome!

Great to hear from you!

I love the color - Looks like a dark blue - is that the lighting or are the actually that color? Nice touch!

Wayne, Glad you like the looks. They are True Blue (Behr Marquee paint). I was going to veneer them, even bought the veneer. However, the cabinets were slightly over 200 lbs without drivers and I could not physically maneuver them by myself to safely veneer.

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Re: 4 Pi Home Theater Build [message #87788 is a reply to message #87644] Wed, 11 April 2018 08:12 Go to previous message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
tom-m wrote on Mon, 02 April 2018 17:02
Heavy duty... Looks good, and big. what are the crossover points?

tom

They are rather large @ 48" H x 28.75" W x 19.5" D. I used the JBL Pro 4355 Monitor and HLA 4895 speakers as inspiration for the build.

Current XO points are:
HF LP-out; HP-3kHz, BW6, 0 dB gain
MF LP-3kHz, BW6, -2 dB gain; HP-200Hz, BW6
LF LP-215Hz, LR24; HP-20Hz, LR48.

Used REW measurments to determine XO slopes, microphone was 6 inches off the front baffle, centered with driver.

Still a work in progress. I wanted to build a speaker of sufficent quality to last for several years. The limitation of the speakers is my ability to dial in the XO and PEQ.

I have heard a lot of great home theaters, using speakers ranging from the JBL Pro M2 (awesome speaker!!!!!), JTR 215, Danley Sound Labs SH50's, and Yorkville Unity U215. WHile all these speakers are top notch, I dont beleive any are clearly superior to the ones I built.

Wayne desrves big kudo's! I started with his excellent 4 Pi's and then using the midhorn from the 7 Pi speaekrs built my dream speaker.

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Previous Topic: 4pi: big sound?
Next Topic: Dimensions clarifications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:26:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers