Home » Audio » Home Theater » Volume Changes
Volume Changes [message #67497] Sun, 08 May 2011 12:36 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can no longer watch action or drama on TV after my daughter goes to bed. I can't hear the dialogue so I turn it up, then the action scenes start and are so loud they wake her up! Can I use a compressor or something to narrow the dynamic range?
Re: Volume Changes [message #67611 is a reply to message #67497] Fri, 13 May 2011 22:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes. There is one built in to your cable box. Look for it in the menu settings. If you can't find it, it is likely the TV has the option hidden somewhere.

Re: Volume Changes [message #67687 is a reply to message #67497] Mon, 16 May 2011 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
That's awesome, I can't believe I'd never heard of a compressor in the cable box. It would be nice to have when a commercial gets really loud. I also think it'd be good for some sporting events, when the crowd goes crazy once in a while.
Re: Volume Changes [message #67733 is a reply to message #67611] Thu, 19 May 2011 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Adveser wrote on Fri, 13 May 2011 23:05
Yes. There is one built in to your cable box. Look for it in the menu settings. If you can't find it, it is likely the TV has the option hidden somewhere.

Oh thank you! I will be looking into that later today because this has been driving me crazy. I haven't messed with the TV or cable box menu settings that much yet.
Re: Volume Changes [message #67830 is a reply to message #67497] Tue, 24 May 2011 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iDummy is currently offline  iDummy
Baron
I have a DVR from Fios. If anybody know where to find this setting, I will really appreciate it. It drives me crazy having to have the remote handy so the kids don't wake up when the commercials come on.
Re: Volume Changes [message #67848 is a reply to message #67497] Wed, 25 May 2011 12:11 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I used to have Fios and although I had a different box, there was a menu that had some options and two levels deeper in the audio settings was the dynamic reduction.

I would type in the model number and look for a guide to how to access the menu. If there is not one after all, check the TV. I am going on assumption here based on having to turn these things off every time we got a new cable box in the last 5 years. So I hope I'm not leading you on a wild goose chase.

Previous Topic: New family room
Next Topic: Projector screens
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 19:46:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout