Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Obnoxiously Loud Music At LSAF
icon13.gif  Obnoxiously Loud Music At LSAF [message #67450] Thu, 05 May 2011 17:16 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The hotel atrium is so noisy that it would be hard to disturb other hotel guests by playing your system too loud during show hours.

But last year I was awakened at 2:00 AM by another exhibitor six rooms down from mine playing his system so loud I could feel the subwoofer through the cinderblock walls. After laying awake and cursing for about 20 minutes, I finally had to walk down to his room, beat on the door with my fist until he finally heard me, and ask him and his friend to turn it down before another hotel guest complained about LSAF exhibitors and we were uninvited back.

This might seem funny when you're drunk, but it isn't when you'e awakened from a deep sleep at 2:00 AM, so would you please keep it down this year? Thanks.
Re: Obnoxiously Loud Music At LSAF [message #67574 is a reply to message #67450] Wed, 11 May 2011 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sound's like LSAF needs to expand. Run the audio systems somewhere else and use the hotel to crash out. Beside's most hotel room acoustics aren't that great anyway.
Re: Obnoxiously Loud Music At LSAF [message #67579 is a reply to message #67574] Thu, 12 May 2011 06:16 Go to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill Wassilak wrote on Wed, 11 May 2011 22:06
Sound's like LSAF needs to expand. Run the audio systems somewhere else and use the hotel to crash out. Beside's most hotel room acoustics aren't that great anyway.

No, it doesn't make sense to relocate the highway because two people get drunk, drive 100+ mph, and cause a wreck. The hotel is the best venue I've seen for an affordable audio show. A couple of people need to not get so drunk and be more considerate of other hotel guests.
Previous Topic: For Vinyl Lovers
Next Topic: Well....Hello! :)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:37:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout