Home » Audio » Home Theater » Does size really matter?
Does size really matter? [message #67390] Tue, 03 May 2011 15:24 Go to next message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
We have a 50 inch TV and I think it is more than big enough, but I know that there are TV's even bigger than that. Should you really get a bigger TV in a small space? Or does size matter at all? Does the size effect the quality of the picture?
Re: Does size really matter? [message #67406 is a reply to message #67390] Tue, 03 May 2011 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tiktokontheclock is currently offline  tiktokontheclock
Chancellor
It really depends on your preference. An LED is probably the clearest one out there nowadays. You will have a great picture at 25 inches and a great one at 80 inches. It's just preference of how big you want the television to be. For example, if you're setting up a kitchen TV, go for a small one. If you're making a home theater, 50+ may be applicable.
Re: Does size really matter? [message #67731 is a reply to message #67406] Thu, 19 May 2011 06:17 Go to previous message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
I think a really big TV only affects the picture quality if you are sitting too close to it! Something proportionate to the size of the room is ideal. But bigger is okay as long as it's not like being at the front row of the movie theater!
Previous Topic: What do you have?
Next Topic: New family room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 17:51:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout