Home » Audio » Home Theater » What do you have?
What do you have? [message #67389] Tue, 03 May 2011 15:22 Go to next message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
We have a Yamaha receiver with 2 front speakers, 2 back speakers and a subwoofer for our home theater system. It sure does kick out the sound. We just bought the receiver last year and we are really happy with it. What do you have for sound?
Re: What do you have? [message #67530 is a reply to message #67389] Tue, 10 May 2011 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
We have a Harmon Kardon AVR 347 receiver and a mix of speakers for our 7.1 system. We really need to upgrade the speakers though, as I'd like a single brand of higher quality.
Re: What do you have? [message #67583 is a reply to message #67389] Thu, 12 May 2011 08:16 Go to previous message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Source: Sony Vaio Windows XP BE PC. Customized Sony Realtek HD sound card. I play DVD through the computer and use Media Player Classic. I play FLAC through Winamp using the Audioburst direct sound DSP system with PowerFX. I also use the Enhancer0.17 DSP. I have filtering turned off in the windows control panel. I use the analogue output.

Amplifier: Techwood DDR94A AV Receiver. The pre-amp has been removed by cutting the input and output lead wires and twisting them together. Decodes DTS audio as well. Not sure what wattage it runs at now, but was 100wpc originally.

Speakers: Technics SBA35 240watt 3-way floorstanding loudspeakers. I still have the surround sound speakers too, they are numbered ABS35.

Headphones: Sony MDR-7506

Microphone: First Act Dynamic

Vocal monitor: Harbinger APS12 150watt amp/Speaker with 5-band EQ.

Wires: 99c store 24awg wire, 6 foot Radioshack Y-adapter.

Previous Topic: big screens
Next Topic: Does size really matter?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:39:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout