Home » Audio » Source » Napster
Napster [message #67367] Mon, 02 May 2011 16:57 Go to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
Whatever happened to Napster? What are people doing now a days to rip off the recording artists? I remember how amazing it was being able to find a song that you heard when you were a kid, and someone had digitized it from an old record.
Re: Napster [message #67382 is a reply to message #67367] Tue, 03 May 2011 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Napster is still around but now you have to pay for songs. I was on there the other day looking for songs, but many of the versions sounded odd and nothing like what you'd hear on the radio or the CD. Some of them were very tinny.
Re: Napster [message #67989 is a reply to message #67367] Wed, 01 June 2011 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Serena is currently offline  Serena
Chancellor
I also checked it out for old times sake. It definitely has changed a lot. Nothing like the old days. I rather stick to the things that work best with my MP3. Smile
Re: Napster [message #70217 is a reply to message #67367] Sat, 19 November 2011 03:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
Clueless wrote on Mon, 02 May 2011 16:57
Whatever happened to Napster? What are people doing now a days to rip off the recording artists? I remember how amazing it was being able to find a song that you heard when you were a kid, and someone had digitized it from an old record.

Have you heard of torrents? I don't know too much about these files, but it seems like they are the main source of downloading free music these days. The last time I downloaded music off the internet was with Limewire, but my wife made me stop doing that because she was afraid I'd get a virus. Rolling Eyes
Re: Napster [message #71889 is a reply to message #67367] Fri, 23 March 2012 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Well, at first Napster was a free site, then Metallica (along with others) pitched a fit about not profiting from song play and low and behold, Napster became a pay-site. Recently, however, Napster sold out to Rhapsody, which really upset me, because I liked the design of Napster's website WAY better than Rhapsody's. I also liked how you could download a song through Napster straight to your Itunes, whereas with Rhapsody you have to use THEIR software. Not cool.
Re: Napster [message #72465 is a reply to message #67367] Tue, 01 May 2012 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
likearecordbaby
Baron
Torrents are still alive and well as far as I know, but you have to be really careful when it comes to that stuff because your ISP can track it in some cases and send you warnings about jail time and such!
Re: Napster [message #72941 is a reply to message #72465] Wed, 06 June 2012 08:36 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, I don't really use torrents anymore because of concern over legal liability. Limewire was nice while it lasted, but I was getting paranoid even before it was shut down.
Previous Topic: TV Microphones
Next Topic: New Turn Table - Sota Moonbeam
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:54:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout