Home » Sponsored » OddWatt Audio » Welcome!
Welcome! [message #67201] Sun, 24 April 2011 19:14 Go to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator

AudioRoundTable.com is proud to welcome our newest sponsored forum, OddWatt Audio. We're pleased to have OddWatt Audio as a member of the Round Table and excited by the wealth of information and interesting discussions made possible here.

Re: Welcome! [message #67215 is a reply to message #67201] Mon, 25 April 2011 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone Rodney and I are glad to be here. As an introduction, we are a pair of diyers that decided about two years ago to market kits (no sales pitch intended here) for the benefit of diyers that can't or don't want to source the parts. We will never get rich but it is a lot of fun. My main contribution to all this is that I love to design and perfect audio projects. All are pretty much posted on the Web already, but there are always new ones in the pipe that make it to forums first. I like questions as it is a great way to learn (of if you are a ole fuddy duddy like me) re-learn stuff. I try to come up with designs that are both simple and excellent preformers. Did I mention that so far everything is tube gear - those things with funny glowing bulbs in them Razz . I spend a lot of time listening to all sorts of music and it can be either analog or digital. I just like quality sound, the delivery is not the primary focus. For equipment - I have a pair of Altec Lansing Magnificants(unfortunately no original drivers) that I refurbed ALA some of Waynes designs. Lovely and huge, so they are now in storage. The current system is a modified Pro-ject TT with a Dynavector 10X5, Simaudio Moon LP3 phono preamp,OPPO 83 SE for digitals, a custom version line stage of my Forewatt, a pair of KT88 Odd Blocks and a pair of Martin Logan Vistas (ESLs). Other parts that go in and out are a Dual 701 TT, a second pair of Odd Blocks driving a pair of 15 inch infinite baffle subs. Lots of other pieces as well. Enough of me and us (I'll let Rodney toot his own horn - he does lots of cool things as well Razz ).

Good listening
Bruce

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Welcome! [message #67217 is a reply to message #67215] Mon, 25 April 2011 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, man, this is soooo cool. I'm really glad you guys decided to join us here.

We have a good family here on ART - We're all about the sound and the passionate niche-market audio companies. So I think you're a perfect fit on ART.

Re: Welcome! [message #67248 is a reply to message #67201] Wed, 27 April 2011 15:35 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, Come see some of our kits (built of course so you can hear them) at LASF. Full line, valve line stage preamp ( I may bring my reference remote controlled one too just for grins to show how you can customize them), a pair of KT88 mono blocks or two, a Poddwatt (stereo push-pull class A U/L EL 84 integrated amp), a budget kit (Alpha, pentode SE U/L 6GV8 stereo) and if I can pretty them up a little, a pair of prototype KT120 Class A PP U/L mono blocks (they have a really awesome sound ). We look forward to seeing all the good things everyone else is doing. Proud

Good Listening
Bruce
Next Topic: Forewatt As A First DIY Tube Project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:05:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers