Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Scaring Yourself with Sound
Scaring Yourself with Sound [message #67189] Sat, 23 April 2011 10:50 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Have you ever forgotten you muted the board, turned the volume way up, then remembered and un-muted? I did this a couple times when I was first learning and nearly fainted, I was so startled!

Somehow I managed to avoid blowing the speakers. Laughing
Re: Scaring Yourself with Sound [message #67208 is a reply to message #67189] Mon, 25 April 2011 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
I have done this a few time, but when in my car. Usually when I use the iPod with the auxiliary cable, I need to put the volume really high. I take the iPod off, and when I get in the car the next time, I scare the bejeezus out of myself.
Re: Scaring Yourself with Sound [message #67244 is a reply to message #67189] Wed, 27 April 2011 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Oh I've done that in the car too but in a professional studio the sheer volume was literally stunning. It was a very physical event; I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack for a second. Shocked
Re: Scaring Yourself with Sound [message #67255 is a reply to message #67189] Wed, 27 April 2011 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusicJunkie is currently offline  MusicJunkie
Chancellor
This happens to me all the time when my darling husband turns on the surround sound. We will be watching something and it's relatively quiet then something happens-like a gunshot or bomb-and I'm jumping because it was so loud. I can imagine it would be a whole different experience in the studio.
Re: Scaring Yourself with Sound [message #70710 is a reply to message #67189] Sun, 01 January 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mixinlady
Baron
I wish there were universal sound control on things that make noise so that the volume could auto-adjust before my eardrums are affronted. Too many times have I turned on the TV or stereo and experienced a blast because the last thing I was listening to was on the quiet side.
Re: Scaring Yourself with Sound [message #70775 is a reply to message #67189] Tue, 03 January 2012 16:46 Go to previous message
j0ann3 is currently offline  j0ann3
Baron
Sometimes when I work really late I put my music really loud while driving so I can stay awake but then in the morning I completely forget in my rush to go to work and I just jump on my seat when I turn the radio and the DJ is just shouting at me!xx

Joanne! xx
Previous Topic: Cover your ears
Next Topic: I Hate Termites
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:54:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers