Home » Audio » Home Theater » The Next Big Thing
The Next Big Thing [message #67125] Tue, 19 April 2011 22:06 Go to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
Are there any new improvements or features coming up that will help the home theater systems come down in price? I am waiting for the next big thing, so I can buy the old big thing for a lot less.
Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67134 is a reply to message #67125] Wed, 20 April 2011 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tiktokontheclock is currently offline  tiktokontheclock
Chancellor
Not really, no. As far as I know, the "big" thing in recent years has been the LED TV. My suggestion to you is to go out to one of your wholesale warehouses, Costco, BJs, etc. You will find cheap home theater stuff there.
Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67154 is a reply to message #67125] Wed, 20 April 2011 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I've been wondering if 3D TV's will take off in popularity anytime soon. If that would happen, I could see regular TV's becoming cheaper. As a sports fan, I admit I'd like to have one to see what the ESPN 3D channel is like. It's still not enough of a feature to make me replace my current TV though.
Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67290 is a reply to message #67125] Fri, 29 April 2011 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Oh, I'd really hate a 3D TV. I don't even like 3D movies; the glasses always give me a headache. Still, I'm apparently in the minority because there does seem to be a market for 3D.
Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67346 is a reply to message #67125] Sun, 01 May 2011 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BluesBrother77 is currently offline  BluesBrother77
Chancellor
I am not sure that I would like a 3D TV either, but maybe they can work on the technology a bit more so that we don't have to wear the glasses. I think it would be a pain to have to put on the glasses every time you want to watch TV.
Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67380 is a reply to message #67125] Tue, 03 May 2011 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roxie is currently offline  Roxie
Baron
We definitely wouldn't go for a 3D TV. I get headaches also with the glasses. I guess we are not such a minority. I will be going to see what's there at Costco. I am hoping they have a good special so we can finally get a new set up.
Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67833 is a reply to message #67125] Tue, 24 May 2011 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clueless is currently offline  Clueless
Viscount
We can't afford the 3D TV right now. However, the minute we can, we will get one. I love the concept, and I know my family will enjoy it enormously. I am just hoping they continue to make 3d movies otherwise it is kind of a mute point.
Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67835 is a reply to message #67833] Tue, 24 May 2011 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm definitely in the "hate 3D TV" crowd. It think it has to be the most uncomfortable and stupid thing I've seen in the entertainment electronics industry in my lifetime. I mean, they were doing the same thing like 50 years ago and it was goobersville then. What in the world brought it back?

Re: The Next Big Thing [message #67875 is a reply to message #67125] Fri, 27 May 2011 04:33 Go to previous message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
Clueless, it's good to see that I'm not the only one interested in 3D TV's. Rolling Eyes

Maybe I'm wrong, but just because this was done poorly many years ago doesn't mean it's a terrible idea now. The technology has to have improved since the past. I personally haven't had a chance to watch a new 3D TV yet, but if it's been done well I'm curious to see what it's like.

Previous Topic: Projector screens
Next Topic: How many?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 20:32:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout