Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » PSUD/switchercad
PSUD/switchercad [message #8804] Tue, 01 February 2005 15:25 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hi Douglas; Downloaded and ran PSUD today on Guenievere. Now I understand. Of course the secondary must be modeled unloaded, that is what it is telling us. Fully loaded would prevent the simulation from functioning. It's like looking on Mapquest to find out how to get where you already are.
I modeled the PS and it ran beautifully; with nice traces. I am not sure of the source resistance of the Trans though so I used the 30ohm default setting.
ESR I know what it is but what effect it might have on the circuit escapes me. I know it has more effect at high current on the high freq. but you said you really didn't notice much difference. Is there a point we need to be concerned with this? Do you think Switchercad is a usefull tool for the novice?
Thanks again glad I got straight on this.

Re: PSUD/switchercad [message #8805 is a reply to message #8804] Tue, 01 February 2005 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
I have no experience with Switchercad. It took me long enough with PSUD to discover how to find where the vacuum diodes were and how to use them.
regards,
Douglas

Re: PSUD/switchercad [message #8806 is a reply to message #8805] Tue, 01 February 2005 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Sorry; I thought you could upload different tubes into the database? Also is the 30ohm source impedance accurate with our transformer? Thanks J.R.

Re: PSUD/switchercad [message #8807 is a reply to message #8806] Tue, 01 February 2005 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PakProtector is currently offline  PakProtector
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hey-Hey!!!,
The 30 Ohms is close enough. I did not ask about DCR, but assume it will be reasonable.

The current delivery is to a choke input filter. There are no large spikes of current being drawn to show up as voltage drop across a resistor. Figure 50 mA and see how much changing the resistance from 15R to 60R does for I*R voltage. It is fairly small.
regards,
Douglas

almost done with the linestage construction...

Re: PSUD/switchercad [message #8808 is a reply to message #8807] Tue, 01 February 2005 20:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Thats the stuff; I can get right on it. I modeled it today with a C-L-C . Whats the chance we can see your version of the PS?

Previous Topic: I'm Back.
Next Topic: schematic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:50:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout