Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Gonna energize my 4Pis
Re: Gonna energize my 4Pis [message #66699 is a reply to message #66698] Thu, 17 March 2011 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rohitdev is currently offline  rohitdev
Esquire
Hello Doc: Are you referring to http://classdaudio.com ?

If so how much did the kit cost you and what tube amp are you comparing to?
Re: Gonna energize my 4Pis [message #66701 is a reply to message #66699] Thu, 17 March 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doc Jr 8156 is currently offline  Doc Jr 8156
Chancellor
Hi Rohit,
Yes, that's it. Class d audio. I only have the 120 watter. I paid around $140 if I am remembering it correctly.

I have to qualify my statement about my comparison with my class d amp and my tube amps. Presently I have 6 tube amps. One ST 70 with the Welborne mods, 3 pentode/single ended amps using Tubelab's boards, and 2 300B amps. I should have said that in some materials the highs of the digital amp sounded better than my tube amps. Godspeed.
Re: Gonna energize my 4Pis [message #66702 is a reply to message #66648] Thu, 17 March 2011 18:08 Go to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
A couple of years ago I tried a Classe' CA-70 and it just never sounded right in the mids and highs; kinda, I dunno,,,transistory. These days I mostly use my Tubelab Simple SE with EH 6CA7s. {It's important to support George so he can finally buy a shirt!} The SSE isn't quite as refined as the 45 amp I built with Steve Brown but it does a better job of driving the Pis and sounds great w/o being too toobey.

I need to look at that class T or D amp you built. 120 lovely watts would be ...lovely.
Previous Topic: 4 pi: impressions of a newbie
Next Topic: My 4pi Build Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 21:28:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout