Home » Audio » Pro Sound » Voice echo effect?
Voice echo effect? [message #66492] Fri, 04 March 2011 11:08 Go to next message
miss zoey
Baron
I was going to post this as a reply to my post on audio conversion but I realized it was pretty unrelated and maybe other people who can help us may not see it. Anyway, how does one do that voice echo effect like on Lady Gaga's Telephone? Haha The part where she goes "wh wh what did you say are you breaking up on me?" My friend and I thought it would be an awesome addition to our video so if anyone could enlighten us on how it's done we would be very grateful Smile
Re: Voice echo effect? [message #66493 is a reply to message #66492] Fri, 04 March 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I have no idea what the specific effect used is. You can always google "freeware ______ VST" and you will find a plugin that works with audacity. After you download the effect, put it in the Audacity folder.

You sort of need to do a vocal effect on the vocal track only. I don't know if you are making your own track to go with the stereo track, but generally unlistenable stuff happens when you apply a specific effect to a stereo recording.

To apply an effect, select the portion of audio to be affected and go to "effects" and select it from the list (tell audacity to look for new plugins if you can't find it after adding it to the folder) Usually a screen will pop up with different settings and after you agree to them it will process the audio.

Re: Voice echo effect? [message #66503 is a reply to message #66493] Sat, 05 March 2011 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miss zoey
Baron
Adverser omg, you're so amazing!! My friend and I are really thankful for taking the time to answer our questions.... Very Happy

Anyway, what exactly is the ______ in freeware _____ VST? Have you listened to the lady gaga song? It's here, at around 0:20-0:21? Well we luckily just recorded vocals and we plan to just mix it with the music track so it would be easy for us to manipulate the vocals Smile

Re: Voice echo effect? [message #66512 is a reply to message #66492] Sat, 05 March 2011 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The effect is actually already built into audacity.

Select Tremolo from the pull down list of effects.

These are the settings I used:

Waveform Type: Square
Starting Phase: 0
Wetness Level: 100%
Frequency: 20hz (must type it in)

Re: Voice echo effect? [message #66559 is a reply to message #66512] Mon, 07 March 2011 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miss zoey
Baron
Oh wow, amazing! Thanks! I actually don't know 90% of what the tools in Audacity do, so this is really helpful. We'll try it out as soon as we meet up for our project again. Thanks soo much!
Re: Voice echo effect? [message #66565 is a reply to message #66492] Mon, 07 March 2011 20:45 Go to previous message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You're wlecome. If I hadn't said so before, make sure it's the unicode beta of Audacity.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/beta_windows
Make sure the following are installed:

Quote:

Optional Downloads
Plug-ins and Libraries

LADSPA plug-ins 0.4.15 installer (.exe file, 1.5 MB) - over 90 plug-ins.

Plug-Ins - Download additional effects and filters.

Previous Topic: Music library organizer
Next Topic: Living Near Train Tracks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:03:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout