Home » Audio » Speaker » TV Speakers Stink
TV Speakers Stink [message #66399] Mon, 28 February 2011 18:48 Go to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
Why is it that so many TVs have really great picture quality but are extremely lacking when it comes to audio? It gets annoying to have to buy speakers for your TV all the time. I guess I can't complain though, because the TVs are usually pretty cheap anyway.
Re: TV Speakers Stink [message #66400 is a reply to message #66399] Mon, 28 February 2011 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Usually it is because they do not have a big enough enclosure on the TV and they roll off the low frequencies accordingly when designing the set. It sounds very glassy and unnatural and is compounded by the sharp dropoff of the high end and the silibance that creates.

We upgraded from like a 37" to a 52" and this problem went away completely because the TV was big enough to house semi-decent single driver speakers. It sounds a lot better with the high-lows intact. The highs are still not there though which is not going to be fixed until you have a high quality source.

I can use my tiny laptop's speakers and they sound far better because the highs are not missing on my music files.

Re: TV Speakers Stink [message #66555 is a reply to message #66400] Mon, 07 March 2011 07:54 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
We always bypass the TV speakers by running the audio from the cable box through a receiver to our 7.1 system. Even with our semi-cheap speakers, it sounds better than the TV.
Previous Topic: Just a friendly remind about sound
Next Topic: Speakers Embedded in Ceiling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:49:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout