Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Tweeter Change (again !)
Re: Tweeter Change (again !) [message #66441 is a reply to message #66440] Wed, 02 March 2011 16:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Cool stuff, thanks for the link, Fred!

Re: Tweeter Change (again !) [message #66461 is a reply to message #66441] Thu, 03 March 2011 11:31 Go to previous message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
That explains the differences in sensitivity. It's the faceplate. I have a pair of the larger Hi-Vi tweet on my "speaker junk" shelf. I wasn't all that impressed. With an advertised efficiency of 93 DB, I can't see using them with Eminence Alpha 10. The little Hi-Vi sounds better than the big one too. I don't know why, but it does. Bill probably has something with SB tweeter. I hope somebody tries the B-G planar. After I built the older one Pi speakers, and my son and his wife appropriated them, I've been contemplating a slightly larger floor standing version for myself. I really like Wayne's use of the Alpha 8. Maybe the B-G or SB tweeters would be a really nice upgrade for the one & two Pi models. The cost factor is reasonable.
Previous Topic: seven plan request
Next Topic: 2226j (16 ohm) usable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 14:53:32 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout