Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » An easy way to soundproof?
An easy way to soundproof? [message #66328] Fri, 25 February 2011 22:30 Go to next message
woofer is currently offline  woofer
Chancellor
What's the easiest way to soundproof a room? Or at least somewhat soundproof? I need a way to help block out extraneous noise when I'm recording my videos.
Re: An easy way to soundproof? [message #66330 is a reply to message #66328] Fri, 25 February 2011 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Carpet on the walls and ceiling.

I've hammered thick nails into the wall and used some pretty thick and heavy blankets. That gets the job done too. Not too perfect though. Different thicknesses and some overlap helps.

Cover up glass and metal before you even think about bothering with covering the drywall.

Get rid of the coffee table.

Re: An easy way to soundproof? [message #66477 is a reply to message #66330] Thu, 03 March 2011 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woofer is currently offline  woofer
Chancellor
Okay, that let's out the living room for recording anything. That wouldn't go over very well Laughing I have an extra room in the basement though, that I could do this and it would be fine. Doesn't get a lot of natural light but my videos tend to be more screenshot and presentations than actually having me in them, so that shouldn't matter much.
Re: An easy way to soundproof? [message #66976 is a reply to message #66328] Sun, 10 April 2011 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DefAudio is currently offline  DefAudio
Esquire
Best of luck to you. I think having a smaller sized room to record may be better as far as audio goes. Be sure to let us know how you make out.
Re: An easy way to soundproof? [message #66979 is a reply to message #66976] Sun, 10 April 2011 18:55 Go to previous message
tiktokontheclock is currently offline  tiktokontheclock
Chancellor
There really is no "easy" way. There is equipment out there that they will try to sell you. If you ask me, it doesn't work. The only way to soundproof a room is the old fashioned way. By that, I mean taking out the drywall and adding a lot of insulation. There is a thing called soundproofing mat you could put in also.
Previous Topic: Affordable?
Next Topic: How many speakers is necessary?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:35:20 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio