Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 pi, oh my! (pi 4)
Re: 4 pi, oh my! [message #69245 is a reply to message #69244] Tue, 30 August 2011 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
vinylvalet is currently offline  vinylvalet
Chancellor
Thanks again. I can get baltic birch plywood down here so I'll go with that and add a nice veneer.

My wife will be in the states in a couple weeks and can return with at least some of the parts. Typically, how long will it take you fill an order? I'll be ordering the 4Pi kit with all premium drivers and parts.

Later this year I'll follow up with a 3Pi sub order.
Re: 4 pi, oh my! [message #69247 is a reply to message #69245] Tue, 30 August 2011 13:10 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Order well in advance. We usually ship kits pretty quickly but I've had trouble keeping up this year. Partly it's because of growth (thanks to everyone here) but partly it's because of the parts availability of some items. Replenishments of some things are taking longer than they used to.

I keep stock of all crossover parts, and many drivers. But I go through a lot of 2226 woofers and DE250 compression drivers. So it seems like every other month, I get backlogged on one or both of those drivers for anywhere from a week to a month. The TD12S often takes several months to fill. Everything else is usually either in stock, or if not, less than a week until the replenishments arrive.

We build the crossovers at time of order. Sometimes I'll have a couple on the shelf, but there are lots of versions and options. For example, a four π crossover for the PSD2002 is different than one for the DE250. Then there are the coil, cap and resistor options. So in most cases, we have to build the crossover at time of order.

All that to say you should expect at least a couple weeks lead time for a four π kit. Right now, we're running about a week for one π, two π, two π tower and three π subwoofer kits. All other kits are taking two to four weeks.
Previous Topic: 4Pi Speaker Plans request
Next Topic: crossover board assembly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:21:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout