Home » Audio » LSAF » The LSAF Concept
The LSAF Concept [message #66220] Sun, 20 February 2011 08:14 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Many first-time LSAF vistors and exhibitors, especially those who have attended the RMAF, CES or other major shows, are initially surprised by the apparent lack of organization.

For show visitors there's no desk in the lobby where you pick up your show badge and brochure, because there is no show badge or brochure. Instead, you get to see everything for free.

For exhibitors there are no room assignments. Instead, when you check in to the hotel you're assigned a random suite. But you get the suite for the $99/nite discount price and there's no exhibitor fee. There's nobody to disassemble and move the bed, but you don't need to move it because your $99 got you a two-room suite, where you can exhibit in the front room and still sleep in the bedroom. There's no union-scale labor to schlep your equipment. You do it yourself for free (now there's an opportunity for some strong young entrepreneur with a hand cart to make some good tip money).

If you're having a problem getting your brain around this, think Audio Flash Mob. Somebody has reserved a block of suites which anybody can reserve. On the agreed dates everybody arrives, sets up their equipment, and shows it off. Volunteer experts do free seminars. Show visitors take it all in for free.

That's the Lone Star Audio Fest Very Happy
icon6.gif  Re: The LSAF Concept [message #66223 is a reply to message #66220] Sun, 20 February 2011 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Very well put. I really like the Lone Star Audiofest. Great systems, great people, great attitudes.

Re: The LSAF Concept [message #66250 is a reply to message #66220] Tue, 22 February 2011 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Yup! What Fred said!

Those are the beauties of LSAF.

Simple access for all, inexpensive, about the people and relationships.

I had more fun at LSAF than RMAF last year. But, that is just me.

We are looking forward to another great time in 2011 with a dedicated group of people.

NW
Re: The LSAF Concept [message #82258 is a reply to message #66220] Sun, 20 March 2016 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yurimi is currently offline  Yurimi
Viscount
It is a really interesting concept, hats off to the founders. As far as I know we do not have event like that here in my area. It sounds like heaven for audio fans to get inspiration and for DIYers to gain attention from specific audience in the field. Is there any requirement to apply as exhibitor, though?
Re: The LSAF Concept [message #82259 is a reply to message #82258] Sun, 20 March 2016 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There are no requirements for exhibitors. Just suit up and show up.

Re: The LSAF Concept [message #85808 is a reply to message #66220] Sun, 06 August 2017 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saxon is currently offline  Saxon
Chancellor
Wow, I never realized this was how the LSAF worked. For some reason, the lack of organization appeals to me, must be my slacker side rearing it's head.
Re: The LSAF Concept [message #86009 is a reply to message #66220] Thu, 31 August 2017 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hudelson2 is currently offline  hudelson2
Esquire
Let's see - free parking, free admission, and courtesy of some exhibitors, free beer. Now you can't beat that.

John
Re: The LSAF Concept [message #86010 is a reply to message #86009] Thu, 31 August 2017 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Absolutely!

Re: The LSAF Concept [message #86072 is a reply to message #66220] Wed, 06 September 2017 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zohanna is currently offline  Zohanna
Baron
As unorganized as you say it is, it's a wonder that they fill up. Although, the free aspect is appealing and probably all the vendors are eager to get a spot. Very cool.
Re: The LSAF Concept [message #86191 is a reply to message #86072] Sun, 24 September 2017 11:14 Go to previous message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
I have actually been to this function. I really enjoyed myself and the people, like you said, are wonderful. It is a great place to go to see the latest and greatest stuff in this industry.
Previous Topic: Previous Attendance
Next Topic: Austin Audio Society - Saturday, May 5, Dallas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:55:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout