Home » Audio » Home Theater » Adding external speakers to bedroom TV
Adding external speakers to bedroom TV [message #65884] Sun, 30 January 2011 02:53 Go to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I have a 42" TV in my bedroom, and I tend to watch movies more there than in my living room. Would it be a good idea to add external speakers to this TV? Does anyone have any recommendations on some good ones to start with?
Re: Adding external speakers to bedroom TV [message #65887 is a reply to message #65884] Sun, 30 January 2011 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's some TV. To be honest, in my experience, unless you really love 5.1, the speakers built into TV sets that size are usually quite good. We have a bigger flat screen and a smaller one and the bigger one sounds like it is pretty much getting all the sound, you know. The smaller one sounds tinny.

So ask yourself, are you pleased with the way it sounds now? Or do you just want it to be that much better.

That said, if you watch a lot of movies in High def. Don't hesitate to upgrade to a 5.1 system if you plan on using it.I've heard a lot of terrible home theaters in a box, so go you have to go big or you are really downgrading. The speakers are usually generous in a big TV to say the least and you don't all of a sudden want 5 smaller speakers that don't have nearly the bark much further away from each other.

Re: Adding external speakers to bedroom TV [message #65952 is a reply to message #65884] Thu, 03 February 2011 02:51 Go to previous message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
Thanks for the advice Adveser. I think the sound is pretty good for what I need, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on an easy improvement. I'll keep your recommendation in mind if I do decide to go for a big change, but you convinced me that I'm probably good for now.
Previous Topic: What Are the Possibilities?
Next Topic: Loud Background Music But Soft Voice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:08:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout