Home » Audio » Speaker » Cheap, new speakers
icon14.gif  Cheap, new speakers [message #65811] Sun, 23 January 2011 16:15 Go to next message
Jenny76 is currently offline  Jenny76
Chancellor
I have been looking for some nice, new speakers for my laptop. The speakers on my laptop just aren't that great and I'm worried about blowing them because I like my music and movies pretty loud. My boyfriend got me speakers from Radio Shack and they were only about $10. They even have a woofer. I'm pretty stoked! They're not amazing, but they are great for the price Razz
Re: Cheap, new speakers [message #65839 is a reply to message #65811] Mon, 24 January 2011 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
That's always awesome when you find something that works for you at such a great price. I'd be a little worried about them lasting for a long time, but for $10 I guess you really can't lose either way.
Re: Cheap, new speakers [message #65842 is a reply to message #65811] Tue, 25 January 2011 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I spilled a beer in an Integrated Amp one time and fried it.

You know what I did? Went out and bought a $10 pair of RS speakers, ripped the pre-amp out of them and hooked up my tower speakers.

I had 240watt speakers getting incredibly loud off of an amp slightly bigger than a box of matches.

Those little tiny pre-amps leave a lot to be desired, but they get the job done when decent speakers are attached.

Re: Cheap, new speakers [message #66116 is a reply to message #65811] Mon, 14 February 2011 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I never get much sound out of my laptop, but I personally would not buy speakers for it. The laptop is portable, after all, and that would mean having to carry the speakers around, too. I just use headphones and leave the louder stuff for my desktop.
Re: Cheap, new speakers [message #66122 is a reply to message #65811] Mon, 14 February 2011 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
Nice! Doesn't it feel good to find something that cheap that you like? I'm always looking for cheap ways to entertain myself. I figure, why spend a ton of money on something that you don't really need? What brand are they btw?
Re: Cheap, new speakers [message #66154 is a reply to message #66116] Thu, 17 February 2011 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
Danny wrote on Mon, 14 February 2011 07:51
The laptop is portable, after all, and that would mean having to carry the speakers around, too.

I never thought about getting separate speakers for my laptop before. Do you carry the speakers around with your laptop, or do you use the speakers only at home?
Re: Cheap, new speakers [message #66159 is a reply to message #65811] Thu, 17 February 2011 18:22 Go to previous message
Jenny76 is currently offline  Jenny76
Chancellor
I only use the speakers at home. Of course, carrying them everywhere with me would be pretty annoying. My laptop rarely ever leaves the house so it works perfect for me.
Previous Topic: Bose LA
Next Topic: Speakers in the Wall
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:13:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout