Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2pi studio build (some progress)
Re: 2pi studio build (some progress) [message #67869 is a reply to message #67867] Thu, 26 May 2011 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justphil is currently offline  justphil
Viscount
I didn't build a "they", I built just 1 =) It sounds awesome in my system. I wanted a 2pi studio for my center channel and now I will build my 2pi towers around the end of the year if money allows. Then I will finish it all off with a pair of 1pis and another sub. At that point I know I won't need to change anything for a looooong time =)
Re: 2pi studio build (some progress) [message #67870 is a reply to message #67815] Thu, 26 May 2011 19:52 Go to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wayne Parham wrote on Mon, 23 May 2011 18:14

Clamp pressure length all depends on the glue you use. I think Tightbond or PL adhesive is going to be fully set (or at least enough to no longer need clamping pressure) in a few hours. But some white glues need longer.

Like Wayne said, you can remove the clamps in as little as an hour with PVA glues like Titebond or Elmers but I would avoid moving them around much or especially routing the speaker holes for 24 hours.
Previous Topic: Request 4Pi and 2Pi plans please
Next Topic: Three Pi push-pull sub plans?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 04:25:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio