Home » Audio » Radio » Too much talk!
Too much talk! [message #65720] Sun, 16 January 2011 15:04 Go to next message
Hoptoit is currently offline  Hoptoit
Baron
I swear to you that I am getting sick of the radio again! There is way too much talking going on in the morning. I want to listen to music, not a talk show.

I'm thinking of getting satellite radio in my car, I would think they would have stations with just music?
Re: Too much talk! [message #65851 is a reply to message #65720] Thu, 27 January 2011 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brian21 is currently offline  brian21
Baron
I agree with you, there are too many times of the day when there is little music on. Some of those times are when many people are driving too, like in the morning. Satellite radio is a good option, a friend of mine has it, and it seems like they have a good selection of music all day.
Re: Too much talk! [message #65852 is a reply to message #65851] Thu, 27 January 2011 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
For the car, I think satellite radio is really the only way to go. There are just so few good stations out there anymore, and I have just totally become a radio surfer. Also, when I do find a good station, I make note of it, and stream it when I am online. You can find just about every station for online streaming.
Re: Too much talk! [message #65855 is a reply to message #65720] Thu, 27 January 2011 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jenny76 is currently offline  Jenny76
Chancellor
I've never heard of a station that just has music, but I think you're right, it's something that's needed. Also, there needs to be a station where there is a larger variety of songs. Why is it, all the new stuff gets played a lot? No wonder people get sick of new songs haha!
Re: Too much talk! [message #65857 is a reply to message #65720] Thu, 27 January 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rap14 is currently offline  Rap14
Baron
I agree with you all, too much talk! I will just keep switching stations all the time when I'm driving just to hear some music. There are some times that I don't mind listening to the talk but I do like music more.

Bee Bop Bee Bop!
Re: Too much talk! [message #66404 is a reply to message #65720] Tue, 01 March 2011 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miss zoey
Baron
I completely agree. They talk too much on all stations, there are even times when I go through all stations and not find any playing music. This happens to me during the morning when I don't want to hear people talking. I ended up just buying an FM modulator and plugging my iPod into it so I'd just have music without the DJs talking.
Re: Too much talk! [message #67120 is a reply to message #66404] Tue, 19 April 2011 19:55 Go to previous message
Wuzajock is currently offline  Wuzajock
Chancellor
Having been in radio for a long time, I can surely relate. When I first went on the air the only talk shows were news related. Now it's just a bunch of blabber about these unprofessional "announcers" personal lives. But, apparently someone likes it or they would not be able to sell commercial time during those dayparts. Go figure.
Previous Topic: Anything good on really late at night?
Next Topic: I miss when AM radio was cool
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 03:04:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout