Home » Audio » Room Acoustics » Adding Echo
Adding Echo [message #65682] Thu, 13 January 2011 09:21 Go to next message
Jorel is currently offline  Jorel
Baron
Is it alright to add a little echo when listening to music or even watching a movie inside a room? Is this a personal preference does echo actually enhance the audio inside a room?
Re: Adding Echo [message #65684 is a reply to message #65682] Thu, 13 January 2011 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If you think it would enhance your auditory experience, there is nothing wrong with that. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it but there are pitfalls anytime you alter the original signal.

I assume you mean reverb. Echo is a little bit different and is somewhat difficult to add to the signal chain without a guitar pedal or an outboard box. Reverb on the other hand is a very common DSP setting.

How do you plan on adding it in there? If I had to pick one, I would go with the M-S reverb model.

Re: Adding Echo [message #65727 is a reply to message #65682] Mon, 17 January 2011 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Yeah, that is all about personal preference. I know a lot of people who like it, but I personally don't. To me, it somewhat distorts the sound, but then I am older and probably already going somewhat deaf from years of loud music!
Re: Adding Echo [message #65733 is a reply to message #65727] Mon, 17 January 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, that is okay, because our ears are dynamic and you have to have it loud to get a flat response.

Re: Adding Echo [message #65751 is a reply to message #65682] Tue, 18 January 2011 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jorel is currently offline  Jorel
Baron
I'm using Winamp Player to watch a movie and I could change the settings of the audio with this player. I could make the setting in a large hall and the sound will be like inside a large hall with echo.
Re: Adding Echo [message #65853 is a reply to message #65751] Thu, 27 January 2011 12:34 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If you like the way it sounds, go for it. I personally don't use that option because my house is already "loud" and I don't need more reverb.
Previous Topic: position is everything
Next Topic: Where To Learn More?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:51:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout