Home » Audio » Speaker » Multiple Speakers
Re: Multiple Speakers [message #65848 is a reply to message #65844] Wed, 26 January 2011 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jazzlover is currently offline  jazzlover
Baron
This is an interesting thread. I'm most curious about the 5.2 set up. Frankly it's my first time to hear about it. I'mĀ familiar with the 5.1, wherein the audio inputs from the player are fed to the subwoofer. The subwoofer then distributes audio output to the 5 speakers.

In a 5.2 set up, how are the connections done? Secondly, is this something you assemble yourself? or is this something available in the market for people to buy for their homes?
Re: Multiple Speakers [message #65850 is a reply to message #65648] Wed, 26 January 2011 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You can buy an amp with multiple sub outs or you could use the A/B wiring common on most amps, for starters.

Re: Multiple Speakers [message #65879 is a reply to message #65648] Sat, 29 January 2011 15:49 Go to previous message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
That's interesting that you are using your computer to watch movies and want to add speakers. I'm assuming you want the high definition available on the computer that may not be available on your TV?

I don't have an HD TV yet and I was thinking of watching movies on my computer as well. Problem with my computer is that it is in my office and I have no comfortable chairs to relax in while I watch. Plus my office is too crowded to make it comfortable for 2 people.

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Previous Topic: Glass Speakers
Next Topic: Bose LA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:07:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers