Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » More Expensive Is Always Better
More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65373] Mon, 20 December 2010 07:21 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Something I've learned from my rich Houston Audio Society friends with $250K+ systems that occupy an entire room is that more expensive is always better, unless you want to have a girlfriend or wife someday.

index.php?t=getfile&id=296&private=0
Re: More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65374 is a reply to message #65373] Mon, 20 December 2010 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
That is absolutely hilarious! I started reading before I saw the picture so had some preconceived ideas about what was coming - you proved me totally wrong!
Re: More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65376 is a reply to message #65374] Mon, 20 December 2010 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

http://audioroundtable.com/images/Laughing_Group.gif
Re: More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65384 is a reply to message #65373] Tue, 21 December 2010 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Squeezing that last little bit of detail out that was not intended to be heard nor were any of the producers aware of it.

I don't know. Everything in the signal chain has to be the same quality level and playback equipment is no different. If your reproduction equipment exceeds most studio standards you aren't really getting anything extra out of it.

I find it really puzzling some people listen to ancient phonographs on super high quality equipment, which never really go above 8Khz because the original recordings were so hastily put together.

Re: More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65613 is a reply to message #65373] Fri, 07 January 2011 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manilyn is currently offline  Manilyn
Esquire
That's really funny Laughing I think when anyone is too interested in something, it makes it hard for the opposite sex to understand and relate to. Unless, that person is really into the same thing. Then it could work out great and they could blow their eardrums together Laughing
Re: More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65615 is a reply to message #65613] Fri, 07 January 2011 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Manilyn wrote on Fri, 07 January 2011 02:08
That's really funny Laughing I think when anyone is too interested in something, it makes it hard for the opposite sex to understand and relate to. Unless, that person is really into the same thing. Then it could work out great and they could blow their eardrums together Laughing

Many of the audiophiles I know who have megabuck systems in a large dedicated room furnished with only one listening chair happen to be geeky bachelors. But other audiophiles I know who have big systems with enormous subwoofers occupying an entire wall, like Wayne P, are geeky married guys with drop-dead-gorgeous wives. So maybe there's hope for geeky guys with big systems and small tweeters Laughing
Re: More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65616 is a reply to message #65373] Fri, 07 January 2011 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I stand corrected. Melissa sent me a pm telling me that Wayne definitely is a geek, but his tweeter is bigger and woodier than one might expect.index.php?t=getfile&id=305&private=0
Re: More Expensive Is Always Better [message #65631 is a reply to message #65373] Fri, 07 January 2011 21:10 Go to previous message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
Coolest picture ever! Laughing I can't even tell you how many guys I've seen (and some girls even) that go overboard with speakers or even computers. It cracks me up.
Previous Topic: Darwin Award Finalists
Next Topic: Book Recommendations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:39:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout