Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Tubey Amps?
Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8503 is a reply to message #8492] Sun, 03 October 2004 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russellc is currently offline  Russellc
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Where did you download from, I only find circuitmaker 2000, or some student version?

Thanks, Russellc

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8504 is a reply to message #8503] Sun, 03 October 2004 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I had the same problem Russell, I searched a few sites until I eventually hooked up with the 6 model. That in fact may be the Student model on the other sites, but I investigated that also and It seems to be the same program. Let me say this is a very versatile and thorough program. I have been playing with it now for 2 weeks and have not even scratched the surface of what it can do.
I do know that there is a pay program that is even more complete but that only offers more of the differing types of op-amps and transistors and more esoteric tubes but the capabilities to construct and model circuits is the same.
I would post the site but I am not sure if that is allowed.

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8508 is a reply to message #8504] Sun, 03 October 2004 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi John,

I'd sure like to see it; Please do post a link unless you thing the author would object.

Wayne

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8511 is a reply to message #8508] Sun, 03 October 2004 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hi Wayne; I checked the site thoroughly and it explicitly sates that students may download free. Schools must purchase the program, so I see no problem with sharing. I go on this site for the student version as Russell said, believe me, the student version offers plenty of options, check it out. Here is the site:
Circuitmaker 6
http://www.microcode.com/education/index.html
There is also a users group called Microcode Unofficial Users Group
That site offers the option of purchasing a CD with a users guide for 50$ The regular full version costs 395$.
It is a fun toy as well as learning experience. It is the student version Russell. But evidently there is not much difference in terms of modeling. J.R.

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8512 is a reply to message #8511] Sun, 03 October 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Cool, thanks!

Have you ever worked with OrCAD?

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8514 is a reply to message #8512] Sun, 03 October 2004 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Is that the P-Spice program?

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8518 is a reply to message #8514] Sun, 03 October 2004 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Well, yes, they provide PSpice. But their claim to fame was OrCAD, which is a electronics CAD program. My first dealings with them was in the eighties, when fiberglass layout was shifting from guys manually laying tape to make PCB silkscreens to CAD programs like this.

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8520 is a reply to message #8518] Mon, 04 October 2004 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Is that a free site program for transferring schematics to PC's?

Re: Tubey Amps? [message #8521 is a reply to message #8520] Mon, 04 October 2004 07:32 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi John,

No, the programs are for sale. But I think they have some evaluation versions available. It used to be that you downloaded them but now it looks like you request an evaluation CD. One thing I think is cool, is that you can draw a schematic and the system will model it. You can print a copy of the schematic and build a prototype to confirm the model. Then when you are satisfied with the circuit, you can have a circuit board layed out. All this on one suite of programs on the same software platform. It's really pretty slick.

Wayne

P.S. Here are a PSpice model I had done for an active crossover based on Steve Bench's circuit. It provides CD equalization for my loudspeakers similar to what the π passive crossovers provide.

Previous Topic: Rocky Mountain Audio Fest. Next Week in Denver
Next Topic: Tutorials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:21:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout