Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Bugle boy's are here!
Bugle boy's are here! [message #8480] Sat, 25 September 2004 18:41 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Scored some used Amperex 6DJ8's for Ella drivers on E-Bay. Plugged'm in, watched the bias and hit play. Big change from the 6N1P's. Even more detail with a more upfront and deeply layered soundstage while still sounding musical.Max Roach rim shots on Rollins Colossus have more authority, notes hang over more as Sonny keys his way up and down the register. Norah's piano still sounds clangy but less so and her voice just hangs in space.
Oh, and I paid $24 delivered!!!
As John Winger says after having his boots shined, "I don't know when I've been this happy!"

Re: Bugle boy's are here! [message #8481 is a reply to message #8480] Mon, 27 September 2004 10:44 Go to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hi Bill; Tried them in the Seduction and they sounded excellent, lots more depth. Sonny Rollins, I have always said if Coltrane is Micheal Jordan of the sax then Sonny is ShaQ. What a powerhouse, but he can still tease out those subtleties.
Anyway you are next up for the Stoetkit, I am just waiting for the word from Frank. J.R.

Previous Topic: 300b vs. Zen amp
Next Topic: Audio Electronic AE-25 Kit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:28:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout