Home » Audio » Home Theater » Projector or Big Screen TV
Projector or Big Screen TV [message #65232] Fri, 10 December 2010 20:43 Go to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
Which is better for a home theater, a projector or a TV with big screen? I haven't been into a house with a projector but there is a projector in the office. Which one is more affordable?
Re: Projector or Big Screen TV [message #65263 is a reply to message #65232] Mon, 13 December 2010 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wonderwoll is currently offline  Wonderwoll
Baron
I would say the TV is easier because it is just there and ready. On the other hand you can buy any size screen for the projector and it's portable, so good for special showings or those who don't want a TV to dominate the room.
Re: Projector or Big Screen TV [message #65316 is a reply to message #65232] Fri, 17 December 2010 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
I agree with you. I like to have a projector but my problem is at daytime. I need a room that is dark enough for the projector to show the movie like inside the theaters. Any suggestions on how I can do this?
Re: Projector or Big Screen TV [message #65369 is a reply to message #65316] Sun, 19 December 2010 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Lancelot wrote on Fri, 17 December 2010 06:34
I agree with you. I like to have a projector but my problem is at daytime. I need a room that is dark enough for the projector to show the movie like inside the theaters. Any suggestions on how I can do this?

Most big box stores sell blackout curtains. But they aren't what I would call cheap. They are heavy and usually black, so you might have to install new curtain rods.

Re: Projector or Big Screen TV [message #65407 is a reply to message #65232] Thu, 23 December 2010 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GuitarStrings is currently offline  GuitarStrings
Baron
I would personally go with a projector instead of a big-screen television that would be both heavy and not something you could easily move from place to place. I think the projector would cost more but be more convenient, and you can choose different sizes, which helps if you have only a small area of wall to project from.

The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.
Jimi Hendrix

Re: Projector or Big Screen TV [message #65456 is a reply to message #65232] Wed, 29 December 2010 22:00 Go to previous message
Viscount
So are the curtains use to block light or are they the part where the projection is directed at?

GS, the size feature is also one of the reasons why I like projectors.
Previous Topic: Expensive vs. Cheap
Next Topic: Cable Signal & Receiver
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:57:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout