Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming?
LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #65160] Sat, 04 December 2010 13:49 Go to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's too soon to compile anything approaching a complete list, but several people have already told me they plan to exhibit in 2011. So far I've heard from Danny Ritchie and Gary Dodd (GR Research and Dodd Audio), Johan Van Zyl (Van Zyl Audio), Wayne Parham (Pi Speakers), and Duke Lejeune (AudioKinesis). These exhibitors alone will make the 2011 LSAF a "must be there" event for me. And we'll have the usual ragged assortment of DIY exhibitors including yours truly with a pair of Jim Griffin's FR-125SR full range single driver MLTL bipoles.

Anybody else who's planning to exhibit, please respond in this thread.
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #65201 is a reply to message #65160] Wed, 08 December 2010 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAspeakerman is currently offline  CAspeakerman
Esquire
Hello all, working up a different dipole for the 2011 event. Plan to bring the Big Boy 18" coax project with all passive crossover. Should be about 95 DBW with flat bass to below 40 Hz.

Trying to obtain a 10 to 20 wpc name brand SET to use as a demo source. Will fill things in as they unfold. It will be great to see everyone, and, I am now a Texan again. That's 2,600 miles of less driving! (Round trip difference)

Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #66171 is a reply to message #65160] Fri, 18 February 2011 08:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
PhenomeNhan Audio Video has joined the list of 2011 Lone Star Audio Fest exhibitors.

PhenomeNhan Audio Video is a dealer for Melody Valve HiFi and Onix Electronics. Their services also include consulting and installing of home audio and video systems. they service all customers in the states of Texas and Louisiana.

PhenomeNhan is located in Frisco, Texas. Their web page is http://www.phenomenhanav.com/
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #66183 is a reply to message #66171] Fri, 18 February 2011 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I saw their gear on the website, looks nice! Anxious to hear it!

Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #66214 is a reply to message #65160] Sat, 19 February 2011 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The latest company to join our exhibitor list is D-Sonic Custom Audio. D-Sonic manufactures and direct-markets amplifiers using B&O ICEpower switching technology. http://www.d-sonic.net/

The complete D-Sonic line includes monoblocks, stereo amps and three to seven channel home theater amps. D-Sonic amplifiers are fabricated in an ISO 9001 facility in Houston, Texas.

index.php?t=getfile&id=320&private=0

I will be exhibiting the D-Sonic Magnum 1000S stereo amp in my room with a Cambridge Audio Azur 840C source, a Parasound P3 preamp, and the Jim Griffin design Creative Sound Solutions FR-125 full range single driver MLTL bipole speakers. Entry to the room will be limited to people who are not offended by seriously deep and powerful bass from a couple of 4.5" full range speakers Laughing

• Attachment: DSonic2.jpg
    (Size: 77.24KB, Downloaded 10035 times)
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #66831 is a reply to message #65160] Fri, 01 April 2011 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
I really missed not making the trip to Dallas last year. I intend to make the show this year.

I'm not going to bring as much stuff as I have in the past. It became too disruptive moving around all of the speakers. This year I will bring three speakers:

I will spend the most time with a BR loaded with the Tang Band W8-1772. I will also bring the latest iteration of my Fostex MLTL, this year loades with the new FE166En. Lastly, I will bring my latest--A folded TL with the Mark Audio Alpair 7. Tiny little thing, but I think that it will be great as small HT mains, computer speakers, or in a small bedroom. I will be seaking opinions.

See you there.

Bob
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #66837 is a reply to message #65160] Fri, 01 April 2011 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
russman is currently offline  russman
Chancellor
Polk Audio will be in the house showing the new LSiM and Blackstone series loudspeakers. Jaton corp is going to be providing amplification, with their new modular series amplifiers and Cardas will be cabling the room.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Cheers,
Russ
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #66932 is a reply to message #66837] Wed, 06 April 2011 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
russman wrote on Fri, 01 April 2011 17:42
Polk Audio will be in the house showing the new LSiM and Blackstone series loudspeakers. Jaton corp is going to be providing amplification, with their new modular series amplifiers and Cardas will be cabling the room.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Cheers,
Russ

Having owned (and still owning) a set of monitors from the mid 80's I would love to hear a comparison of say a properly set up SDA system or vintage monitors against the new offerings.
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming? [message #67170 is a reply to message #66932] Fri, 22 April 2011 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Rodney at OddWatt Audio contacted me to say he would be there. I took a moment to check out their site, and I'm kinda liking what I see. Hope they sound good; I'm anxious to hear their products.

Another one I think is cool is Found Music. No logo, just a link on the exhibitors page. Without a catchy logo you might overlook them. Don't. Click the link and see what they've got goin' on.

I really should go back through the emails from the last few months and make a list of exhibitors that have committed to setup a room at LSAF 2011. I have not posted here when people tell me they're coming. I've just uploaded their logos to the exhibitors page on the LSAF website. But we have an exciting line-up, that's for sure.

Maybe it's time to start a new thread, one where we'll eventually put exhibitors room numbers and photos of their gear. It's getting close to time, so probably better start polishing our knobs, getting ready for the show. Ooops, wait, that didn't sound right. Laughing

See you there!

Wayne and the steering committee... [message #67172 is a reply to message #67170] Fri, 22 April 2011 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Just thought you might want to see some of the press that's going out there.....don't mean to be a worry wart, but I hate to see these things.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=91594.0
Previous Topic: New TO LSAF - Question
Next Topic: Saturday Night Group Dinner
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:58:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers