Home » Audio » Radio » How Popular is Radio?
How Popular is Radio? [message #65145] Fri, 03 December 2010 13:16 Go to next message
Corded is currently offline  Corded
Chancellor
Is there any place where we can get numbers on how many radio listeners there are in a region? I feel like it's less and less popular these days, and yet I heard one station recently stating that advertising on radio reached more people than TV advertisements.
Re: How Popular is Radio? [message #65256 is a reply to message #65145] Sun, 12 December 2010 16:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
I would think you would have to contact the radio stations directly to get that kind of info. They should all have websites online with contact numbers.
Re: How Popular is Radio? [message #66363 is a reply to message #65145] Sun, 27 February 2011 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GoodVibrations is currently offline  GoodVibrations
Viscount
I don't listen to radio much anymore. One of the reasons was stated by Adveser in another thread regarding the quality of sound. When you can hear so much more with a CD, or an MP3 player, it makes it harder to want to listen to the lesser quality on radio. Plus, I really don't want to listen to commercials. The radio stations can give all the statistics they want about how many people are listening and therefore advertising gets more audience, but how many switch stations when a commercial comes on, or turn down the radio to avoid the advertisement?

Music is a tonic for the tired and weary mind
Re: How Popular is Radio? [message #66380 is a reply to message #65145] Mon, 28 February 2011 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SoundCheck is currently offline  SoundCheck
Chancellor
I haven't actually listened to the radio for a long time now...I just don't find it necessary to do so anymore because I can have my dose of music from my personal playlist and I get my updates on news or recent happenings online or from TV...I don't know the statistics, but I guess more people are tuned in to TV than to radio, so TV advertisements produce better and faster results. Rolling Eyes
Re: How Popular is Radio? [message #66395 is a reply to message #66380] Mon, 28 February 2011 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woofer is currently offline  woofer
Chancellor
I have to admit that I don't listen to the radio as much these days, except in the car. I either listen to music while on my computer or turn my television to one of the hundreds of music stations I get with that.
Re: How Popular is Radio? [message #66425 is a reply to message #65145] Tue, 01 March 2011 17:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reverb is currently offline  Reverb
Chancellor
I still listen to the radio in my car. We have an old car, so we don't have a CD player or an MP3 player in it. We tried using a tape adapter for our radio, but it didn't work out.
Re: How Popular is Radio? [message #66907 is a reply to message #65145] Tue, 05 April 2011 02:08 Go to previous message
miss zoey
Baron
Where I live, radios are still pretty popular, especially among cab drivers. They listen to the radio all the time, may it be for news or music. I really appreciate it too. I actually am a radio fan myself. I'd rather turn the radio on then play a CD. Unless they talk too much which is the biggest turn off for radio stations..
Previous Topic: Tivoli Radio
Next Topic: The death of radio as we knew it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:34:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout