Home » Audio » Speaker » Flat Speaker
Flat Speaker [message #64950] Sun, 28 November 2010 07:55 Go to next message
compguy is currently offline  compguy
Chancellor
I have added a couple flat speakers to my home entertainment system that I mounted on the walls to the side of my television. When the speakers are in use, I am getting a muffled sound like there is a blanket over the speaker or it sounds like it is in a different room. I think I may have mounted it too close to the wall.
Re: Flat Speaker [message #64962 is a reply to message #64950] Sun, 28 November 2010 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corded is currently offline  Corded
Chancellor
It could be; could you invest in a mount that pushes them out a bit, or would that be too awkward given that they are meant to be "flat" speakers against the wall? I'm surprised that if they are designed to be mounted that way that they wouldn't perform just fine under those conditions, though.
Re: Flat Speaker [message #64967 is a reply to message #64950] Sun, 28 November 2010 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If they are electrostatic speakers as I suspect, it might be an impedance issue.

Re: Flat Speaker [message #64980 is a reply to message #64967] Mon, 29 November 2010 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
Adveser wrote on Sun, 28 November 2010 15:53
If they are electrostatic speakers as I suspect, it might be an impedance issue.

If that is the case, what would be the best solution for this? I don't have flat speakers but I would surely appreciate if I would have added knowledge on how to fix this kind of problem.
Re: Flat Speaker [message #64985 is a reply to message #64980] Mon, 29 November 2010 18:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Resistors of some kind.

I have the feeling the amp or the speakers are orphaned from something else.

I found this. This fits the symptoms. The amp might not be able to handle the impedance as well if it is not electrostatic.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/Magazine/manufacture/0702/index.html

Re: Flat Speaker [message #65050 is a reply to message #64985] Wed, 01 December 2010 07:53 Go to previous message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There seems to be some confusion about the design type of these speakers, and we can't provide helpful advice without that information. Would you provide a link to a product description.
Previous Topic: Computer Speakers for TV?
Next Topic: Prefer Standing or Mounted?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:23:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout