Home » Audio » Home Theater » Cassette players?
Cassette players? [message #64928] Sat, 27 November 2010 07:13 Go to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
My mom has asked me for a cassette player that will turn her cassettes into CD's. She swears she had one at one time but I've never seen one.

Is there such a thing? She asked what she should do with all the cassettes she has and I said toss them and buy the CD's.

Let's chat!
Re: Cassette players? [message #64932 is a reply to message #64928] Sat, 27 November 2010 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
You can a machine that converts cassette tapes into CD's. Or you can do this: http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Cassette-Tape-to-Computer. You can just burn the converted data into a CD or convert them into MP3 to save more space.
Re: Cassette players? [message #64934 is a reply to message #64932] Sat, 27 November 2010 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DrumRoll is currently offline  DrumRoll
Chancellor
Lancelot wrote on Sat, 27 November 2010 10:38
You can a machine that converts cassette tapes into CD's. Or you can do this: http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Cassette-Tape-to-Computer. You can just burn the converted data into a CD or convert them into MP3 to save more space.

Thanks for the link Lancelot. My wife and mother-in-law both have cassette tapes they still listen to and I have been wondering how to preserve or copy them onto something that will last longer. I see the making of a Christmas present taking shape!
Re: Cassette players? [message #64936 is a reply to message #64928] Sat, 27 November 2010 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NoDirections is currently offline  NoDirections
Chancellor
Awesome link and suggestion, Lancelot. I remember when CD's first started becoming popular hearing about the conversion machines, but I don't know where you'd find one these days besides ebay or craigslist.
Re: Cassette players? [message #64952 is a reply to message #64928] Sun, 28 November 2010 08:31 Go to previous message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
Wow, that is great ~ looks like we will save my mom a lot of money. She has an mp3 player too but usually listens to the cd player at home. My parents are not big on the earbuds. I keep telling them they can put the mp3 player into speakers and it will play throughout the house. Technology they say!

Let's chat!
Previous Topic: HD TV - Plasma or LCD?
Next Topic: Small system for a narrow room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:00:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers