Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » AMP cracking and popping
AMP cracking and popping [message #64884] Wed, 24 November 2010 19:47 Go to next message
compguy is currently offline  compguy
Chancellor
When ever I plug my guitar into the input on my amp and start playing, even if the amp is not up very high, I get a pop every so often. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, and usually not when I'm playing anything in particular. I checked my input, and it does seem slighly loose. Does this sound like a serious problem?
Re: AMP cracking and popping [message #65009 is a reply to message #64884] Tue, 30 November 2010 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corded is currently offline  Corded
Chancellor
Quite possibly an arcing problem, which may have something to do with the loose input, or may not. If it's only recently started happening and the input used to be tight, I'd try correcting that first.
Re: AMP cracking and popping [message #65021 is a reply to message #64884] Tue, 30 November 2010 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
compguy wrote on Wed, 24 November 2010 19:47
When ever I plug my guitar into the input on my amp and start playing, even if the amp is not up very high, I get a pop every so often. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, and usually not when I'm playing anything in particular. I checked my input, and it does seem slighly loose. Does this sound like a serious problem?

Pops generally signify something before it even touches the amp. Try another amp or the computers input and get back to us on whether or not it disappears.

It wouldn't happen to be a muffled scrapping sound would it?

Re: AMP cracking and popping [message #86206 is a reply to message #65021] Thu, 28 September 2017 10:35 Go to previous message
Ziggy is currently offline  Ziggy
Chancellor
Check all the pickups on the guitar for loose fittings. Like the guy above said, it usually means that there is something wrong before it ever gets to the amp. I'd hate to see you short it out and wreck your equipment.
Previous Topic: Comparing two amps
Next Topic: Amps for Home
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:07:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout