Home » Audio » Speaker » iPod speakers (speakers for an iPod)
iPod speakers [message #64821] Mon, 22 November 2010 17:32 Go to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
My daughter wants this HUGE speaker for her iPod. I have checked it out and it just seems too big. Sure we can take it outside and she can use it out there (it would be perfect for that), not so perfect for in the house though.

Can you guys give me some ideas about brands and types of speakers for an iPod, she has the touch.

Let's chat!
Re: iPod speakers [message #64957 is a reply to message #64821] Sun, 28 November 2010 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jane66 is currently offline  jane66
Chancellor
My daughter has an iPOD and we just bought her a pair of speakers for it. The brand was the iLive wireless indoor / outdoor speaker system. It's nice because it's all wireless. We handle the loud noise issue by just telling her she needs to keep it down or we'll them away. That threat seems to work out well for us. They are nice speakers and cost us only about %50.
Re: iPod speakers [message #64968 is a reply to message #64821] Sun, 28 November 2010 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You can buy a Y-adapter (RCA male to 1/8th male) and hook it up to any sort of component system or buy active speakers and whatever cabling it needs too.

Re: iPod speakers [message #81052 is a reply to message #64821] Fri, 30 January 2015 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
We ended up buying a big speaker. It is an iHome speaker. So far it has been great. It does get really loud though. We have used it several times.

Let's chat!
Re: iPod speakers [message #81743 is a reply to message #81052] Thu, 17 December 2015 15:41 Go to previous message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Rockstar wrote on Fri, 30 January 2015 19:48
We ended up buying a big speaker. It is an iHome speaker. So far it has been great. It does get really loud though. We have used it several times.

I've seen the iHome brand several times now and thought of buying one that will dock an iPod. I'm curious to know how yours does quality-wise. Is quality compromised as volume goes up?
Previous Topic: Flanking subs
Next Topic: What kind of Subs Should I get?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:14:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio