Home » Audio » Speaker » Traynor YSC-8 P.A. speakers for 2 CH. analog??
Traynor YSC-8 P.A. speakers for 2 CH. analog?? [message #64516] Wed, 27 October 2010 00:40
ace420 is currently offline  ace420
Esquire
I picked up a set of these Traynor YSC-8 speakers today dirt cheap & I am wondering how they would work in a 2 channel analog system? They appear to have all the original drivers & are in very good condition. I would like some advice before I get into modifying some speaker wire & 1/4" jacks to try them out. I read they have a limited frequency range, would running them with a sub solve this issue?
I found the following statement in an ad while searching google that got me wondering about using them for my analog system. Or should I just sell or trade these?

"These are great for your vintage Traynor or Bogen vocal/P.A amp, or your old 50watt (whatever) head and stereo pedal or killer lp setup(anyone into these is into vinyl for sure) plus they're in great shape and sound incredible.
8ohm 200watt - 1/4" jacks, oh yeah and handles too.
They were sold/rented by John Bellone Music in London ON hence the badges on them and I've been carryin' em around for way too many years but they're rad and work great with all original marsland 8" speakers with whizzer(ha) cones for that extended range they needed back in the 70's on the center two."

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Attachment: 100_2018.JPG
    (Size: 547.24KB, Downloaded 527 times)
Previous Topic: Changing connectors
Next Topic: Woofers warped
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:08:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers