Home » xyzzy » Tower » Do you want to be famous....?
Do you want to be famous....? [message #64515] Tue, 26 October 2010 18:54 Go to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I have always thought it would be cool to be in a famous band, with thousands of screaming fans, but the price of fame seems to be very high... There are so many musicians that have O.D.'d or just plain committed suicide, that I just wonder if any of that is even worth it.
Re: Do you want to be famous....? [message #64708 is a reply to message #64515] Mon, 15 November 2010 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scoot is currently offline  Scoot
Baron
I would no more want to be a rock star than I would a movie star or a politician. You lose your privacy, and every tabloid in the country thinks it's their business what you eat and where you shop.
Re: Do you want to be famous....? [message #64782 is a reply to message #64515] Sun, 21 November 2010 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scots Rich is currently offline  Scots Rich
Chancellor
The last thing I'd want to be is famous in the "celebrity" sense - it would be great to be famous for creating something wonderful - eg: I rather be known for an achievement like that of Michael Eavis (founder of the Glastonbury Fest) than be one of the acts perfoming there.

Rich
Re: Do you want to be famous....? [message #64849 is a reply to message #64515] Tue, 23 November 2010 17:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, for the kind of music I make, getting famous is basically not going to happen. But if I were in one of the 5 metal bands that celeb gossipers are aware of, I don't know, I think it would be worth it. Being a celebrity in the sense of being an actor and public persona...i'll pass.

Re: Do you want to be famous....? [message #65138 is a reply to message #64515] Fri, 03 December 2010 12:07 Go to previous message
Anonymous
While I'd love the paycheck of say, a movie star, it does come at a very steep price of not being able to go anywhere without being mobbed, a lack of privacy regarding the details of your personal life, the potential to be stalked/assassinated, long hours, etc. So for these reasons, I'm quite content being an "Average Jane".
Previous Topic: Can't believe George Carlin is dead
Next Topic: Wikileaks
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:07:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout