Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Metasonix TM-4
Re: Metasonix TM-4 [message #8363 is a reply to message #8362] Thu, 29 July 2004 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Cool!

I see it's a headphone amp. I just wasn't aware of it until now. Do you have any little 2-10 watt hifi amps?

Re: Metasonix TM-4 [message #8364 is a reply to message #8362] Thu, 29 July 2004 06:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Eric,
Thanx for agreeing to let me review the amplifier.
I am hoping my website will promote itself by content quality, as i add reviews to it. Since it is really just a service to the community, with the only benefit to me being getting the chance to hear different gear, I am not too concerned about it "becoming famous".
My guess is that
a) Some Manufacturers will link to it on their product pages
b) AS i add reviews and start talkng about the website more on public fora, consumers will start to read it more.

As of now, it is pretty new, and i have only one review on there. hoping to add many more as time goes on.
"good things take time..." From tiny acorns do oaks grow, in the fullness of time, when the moment is ripe, etc etc etc.
-akhilesh

Re: I defer to John [message #8365 is a reply to message #8359] Thu, 29 July 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
John,
I just run the website on my own server. I don't really have it linke to ART, since i am not a manufacturer or an industry professional (just a hobbyist). Wayne is good enough to mention it from time to time on ART. As I add more reviews, I will start mentioning it more on fora like ART also.
that's my plan. tell me what you think!
-akhilesh

Re: I defer to John [message #8367 is a reply to message #8365] Thu, 29 July 2004 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I think you guys may be on to something. Think up a clever name that has a domain available and pick up an inexpensive hosting agreement. Talk to Sheri, she'll help you out both with that and with the artwork. Then you can put a link on ART and do formal reviews like you did for the Stoetkit. That was an excellent review, by the way.

Re: Metasonix TM-4 [message #8371 is a reply to message #8364] Fri, 30 July 2004 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Someone call me? Thanks for checking; yesterday I spent a wonderful afternoon removing a virus from the computor. My 14 yr. old plays poker on Pokerroom.com, and I think they tagged me. What a royal PITA. Why can't these kids hang out in pool rooms like we did?
I would like to say that I was not aware that A.K. has his own site for reviews; that being the case I re-refer respectfully to him, since he has a better chance of getting the word out; thanks for the consideration and I would still love to hear the amp after his review. J.R.(Wait..,was that poetry at the end of that post?)

Re: I defer to John [message #8372 is a reply to message #8367] Fri, 30 July 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Gee; This is a whole new concept. There are a lot of reviewers out there; we would need to come up with an angle. Maybe some kind of approach that dealt with startup co's. that don't get much exposure. Yeah; thats the ticket!

I like Sheri's picture of the Vase and the glass balls in the window.

I'll have to e-mail you because I lknow someone will steal the clever name I just thought up.

We could be like Siskal and Ebert, we could use a system of grading, like their thumbs up thing.(Doh; better put a lid on it.) Lemme get you back.

Re: I defer to John [message #8373 is a reply to message #8372] Fri, 30 July 2004 14:58 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Oh, now that's cool. I like it. You and Akhilesh definitely need to think about this.

Previous Topic: SET 45
Next Topic: ECL82 / 6BM8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 21:20:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout