Home » Audio » Source » Recording Music from Cassette Tapes
Recording Music from Cassette Tapes [message #64410] Thu, 21 October 2010 06:52 Go to next message
3dfreak is currently offline  3dfreak
Chancellor
I could download a lot of music I like from Limewire these days. But some are simply hard to find, like "It's About Time" and "I Want to Live' by John Denver. I know it's possible to just play the old cassettes I got and record them as WAV file straight into the computer. My problem is that the volume from the file is lower than the original. Any idea where I may need to fix this problem? Or is there a better way?
Re: Recording Music from Cassette Tapes [message #64418 is a reply to message #64410] Thu, 21 October 2010 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What software are you using to record the cassette? If you just use Microsoft Sound Recorder, for instance, you can't do as much. Maybe try using Audacity (it's free!) so you can increase the volume. Good luck!
Re: Recording Music from Cassette Tapes [message #64419 is a reply to message #64410] Thu, 21 October 2010 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
mp3gain @ 96db

Freeware:
http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

Re: Recording Music from Cassette Tapes [message #64424 is a reply to message #64410] Thu, 21 October 2010 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
There's an equipment that lets you transfer from audio to cd. I had my Italian lessons audio cassettes turned to cd in Baguio, Philippines.

I also saw a gadget where you can play your cassette and plug it in cd player but it was in Thailand. I just can't recall how exactly they call it. Confused
Re: Recording Music from Cassette Tapes [message #64431 is a reply to message #64424] Fri, 22 October 2010 07:30 Go to previous message
3dfreak is currently offline  3dfreak
Chancellor
I used a cassette player with a line out jack. Then, using an RCA-to-PL connector connected to the line out jack, I fed the sound from the player to the microphone jack of the computer. Yes, I used Microsoft sound recorder.

I'll check the softwares you indicated and keep you posted. Thanks!
Previous Topic: Legally download music to burn to CDs?
Next Topic: NOT fair - amp issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:45:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout