Home » Audio » Speaker » Changing connectors
Changing connectors [message #64405] Wed, 20 October 2010 14:26 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
OK, I could use a little help. My speakers are set up so you just push the stripped ends of the speaker wire into the jack. I'd like to modify them so the cables actually have connectors on the end that plug into the back of the speaker. My toddler keeps running over to the speakers and yanking the cables out (two speakers are in the middle of the room, because we have an open floor plan). It's getting pretty old having to twist the little copper strands in the cable back together so I can plug them back in to the speaker.

Yes, I'm working on keeping her away from the speakers Smile but I'd like to make things easier on myself in the meantime. It'd look nicer too.

TIA for any suggestions.
Re: Changing connectors [message #64406 is a reply to message #64405] Wed, 20 October 2010 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You can buy pins, or just tin the ends with solder.

Re: Changing connectors [message #64417 is a reply to message #64406] Thu, 21 October 2010 09:10 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Of course, I forgot all about pins. Embarassed Can you tell it's been awhile? I've forgotten so much it's insane. Since the pins will work in the spring clip, this job is going to be only about a million times easier than I was envisioning.

Thanks for the help!
Previous Topic: Sub in auto mode
Next Topic: Traynor YSC-8 P.A. speakers for 2 CH. analog??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:50:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio