Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Loud Music
Loud Music [message #64329] Wed, 13 October 2010 19:48 Go to next message
MusicDiva is currently offline  MusicDiva
Baron
My neighbors are always playing their music so loud that I can't sleep at night. I want to say something, but don't want to get on their bad side. Any thoughts?
Re: Loud Music [message #64333 is a reply to message #64329] Wed, 13 October 2010 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony Clifton is currently offline  Tony Clifton
Esquire
Tell me your address I'll set em straight! I'm Tony Clifton, a NAME TO RESPECT, A NAME TO FEAR!
Re: Loud Music [message #64343 is a reply to message #64329] Thu, 14 October 2010 18:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
capbuster is currently offline  capbuster
Baron
I would get on their bad side . Have to sleep just ask better than putting up with it. Sure there is a noise ord. in your town.
Re: Loud Music [message #64360 is a reply to message #64329] Mon, 18 October 2010 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
Are you in an apartment complex? I would tell the management office. People have no consideration for others when they live so close together! I hate that!
Re: Loud Music [message #64403 is a reply to message #64333] Wed, 20 October 2010 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wolfgang is currently offline  Wolfgang
Chancellor
Tony Clifton wrote on Wed, 13 October 2010 22:36
Tell me your address I'll set em straight! I'm Tony Clifton, a NAME TO RESPECT, A NAME TO FEAR!
Ha! Ha! This is funny!

Anyway, sorry to hear you are having trouble with your neighbors. Have you got a neigborhood warden or something? We got a similar case. Our next-door neighbors were barbecuing till midnight amid laughter and chatting and we could hear them loud and clear. Like you we didn't want to get on their bad side so we called the neighborhood warden who sorted them for us.
Re: Loud Music [message #64854 is a reply to message #64329] Tue, 23 November 2010 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jacks is currently offline  Jacks
Chancellor
The local bylaws may have something on the books that will let you call the police and lodge a noise complaint after a certain hour. If that poses to much of a risk, get someone else to make the call for you, so you can say in all honesty that you didn't make the call yourself. Smile
Re: Loud Music [message #64861 is a reply to message #64329] Tue, 23 November 2010 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adveser is currently offline  Adveser
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I remember receiving a letter from the home owners association once. It was like living in a police state. I decided to look up what the actual ordinances were.

The local law was that there was no law whatsoever. So it was easy to assume there would be no criminal way what I was doing was wrong. The police never ever showed up because there was no law to enforce.

The homeowners association said it was a violation for anyone to hear anything outside of the property line of the offender. Which means every single complaint is valid unless you are actually trespassing on their property.

Personally I think everyone should respect their neighbors if they live in the same building. I used to live in a 3rd floor attic of an ancient house and absolutely no one claimed to ever hear anything, except for once the neighbors across the street complained to the police.

But if you own your own house, you have the right to do as you please. I don't think it is unreasonable that everyone should have the right to do what they want on their property. I mean come on, there's enough space between the walls, the house, the air in between the house and everything else in the way and another wall to make it where the volume would have to be ridiculous to where it is truly a nuisance.

Man, in California, everyone owns a dog. A big mean dog that sits outside and barks all day. The few of us Audio nuts have rights too.

Re: Loud Music [message #64956 is a reply to message #64329] Sun, 28 November 2010 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jane66 is currently offline  jane66
Chancellor
I can understand your concern, but this is very rude of them to do this and I'm sure it's bothering some of their other neighbors as well. I think you need to say something to them to put a stop to it. Perhaps several neighbors could get togther and approach them as a group to make your thoughts known.
Re: Loud Music [message #65165 is a reply to message #64329] Sat, 04 December 2010 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous
I have the same problem. Sad You could always play back your own blasting music; maybe then they would get the hint! Or knock through the wall.

But seriously, your best bet is to anonymously complain.
Re: Loud Music [message #65174 is a reply to message #64329] Mon, 06 December 2010 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
woodfree is currently offline  woodfree
Baron
I know what you mean!

While I can respect people's rights to do whatever they want, I believe that respect is a two-way street! It's just annoying to have people play loud music without considering that someone might not be able to sleep when they hear non-stop "Guns and Roses" playing on the CD player at full blast! Rolling Eyes That behavior just isn't right! Confused

I suggest you exhaust any option to let these people know that they are being inconsiderate. Let's hope they actually have a heart, and will honor your request for them to tone it down a bit!
Previous Topic: Dr. Phil
Next Topic: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:29:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio