Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Vintage amp "fuzzies"
Vintage amp "fuzzies" [message #8287] Tue, 22 June 2004 15:07 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Since I am still a "paid up in full dues payin' member" I goota throw 2 cents in the pot and add another wrinkle----for the newbie guys (like me) getting into the vintage amps (and receivers) on the cheap so as to be able to hear the differences of a EL84 or a 7189 tube is an excellent listening experience---to much of our learning info is not experiencial--we read it or listen to what others think about the qualities of this or that amp---(or speaker)---I now have 4 amps --and I have had the same experinece as Dave- my Sansui 500A reciever has a most pleasing sound (great soundstage and DETAIL!) I was listening last evening back to back Nora Jones from the B & K and Dahlaquist DQ-10's (not to shabby!) to the Sansui (tues now -7189A--) and Fostex FRD and though I have not the years ,friends, I am getting those EARS!---The room was pitch black but I just knew she was right there just a few feet away!---it ws doing what Music is supposed to do----make ya feel!!! Can I get a Amen!? JD

Re: Vintage amp "fuzzies" [message #8288 is a reply to message #8287] Tue, 22 June 2004 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Amen! (nt) [message #8290 is a reply to message #8287] Tue, 22 June 2004 16:40 Go to previous message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Dave :^)

Previous Topic: Japanese philosophy
Next Topic: dynaco
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:26:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio